Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Widgets

Midnight Madness SC#7

I created this card for the Midnight Madness sketch challenge #6. You can find the link to the Midnight Madness blog here: http://priscillastyles.blogspot.com/.
I started with a Whisper White card, with Dainty Dots DSP matted with Kiwi Kiss. Then I cut and embossed strips of Perfect Plum, Kiwi Kiss, So Saffron, and Bashful Blue with silver embossing powder and the swirls from Baroque Motifs. These are attached and Very Vanilla brads are used at the corners. The image from Garden Collage was stamped in Black Stazon on Whisper White cs and colored with SU markers. This was then sponged with So Saffron around the edges and matted on a piece of Perfect Plum. The sentiment is stamped in Perfect Plum on Very Vanilla cs and is matted on Going Grey. Both of the pieces of cs for the sentiment were punched with the ticket corner punch. I don’t remember what set the sentiment came from.

I love how the main image turned out on this card, but I’m not sure about the rest. It seems a bit busy for my usual style. It all seems to work together though. Another challenge completed and now on to next weeks! I do think I will keep it down to two weekly challenges and no more because it’s hard to find time to create especially since I have to take over the dining room table when I do.