Friday, March 15, 2013

Widgets

You're in My Thoughts Friday Mashup 101

Good morning! It’s Friday again! That means it’s time for another Friday Mashup challenge. This time we are using the chalkboard technique. Take a look at the card I made.


  • Stamps: Papaya Collage, Word Play, Make a Cake
  • DSP: Sycamore Street
  • Card Stock: Pool Party, Island Indigo, Basic Black
  • Ink: Whisper White Craft
  • Accessories: Paper Snips, Beautiful Wings Sizzlit, Vanilla Smooch Spritz, Rhinestones, Glue Dots, Sycamore Street Ribbon in Pool Party, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Stampin’ Sponge


Photo Source 
So here is the "Mashup" Challenge:

1. Make a project using the "Chalkboard Technique".
2Or Make a project using " 2 or more Stamp Sets".
3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a project using "2 or more Stamp Sets with the Chalkboard Technique". 


I started off by cutting a piece of Pool Party card stock 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” and scored it at 4-1/4”. Next I cut a piece of Island Indigo card stock 3-7/8” x 5-1/8” and a piece of Sycamore Street DSP 3-3/4” x 5”. I adhered the DSP onto the Island Indigo card stock, then adhered this onto the card front.

I seriously LOVE this Sycamore Street DSP! The patterns are just so bright, fun, and cheerful! I don’t what I’m going to do when it’s gone. Make sure you get plenty before Sale-A-Bration ends next Friday the 22nd!


Next I stamped the frame image from Papaya Collage onto a scrap of Basic Black card stock in Whisper White craft ink. I also stamped the greeting from Word Play and the tiny butterflies from Make a Cake in Whisper White craft ink. Then I simply sponged a little bit more craft ink randomly on the card stock to make it look more like a dirty chalkboard. I cut out the image with Paper Snips then added just a little shimmer with some Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Sptriz.


Then I wrapped a piece of Pool Party ribbon from the Sycamore Street ribbon and button pack around the frame and tied it into a bow. I adhered the frame onto the card front with a few Stampin’ Dimensionals. Just to add one more little detail I cut a scrap of Island Indigo card stock with my Beautiful Wings Embosslit in the Big Shot and adhered one of the little butterflies onto the corner of the frame with a Glue Dot then added a couple rhinestones for the butterfly’s body.


This technique is really fun and easy to do! If you have a chance head on over to the Friday Mashup and see what the rest of the design team has created. I hope you get a chance to play along with the challenge!