Monday, March 4, 2013

Widgets

Oh Whale!

Good morning! I've been wanting to use this absolutely adorable stamp set and coordinating Clearlit from the Spring Catalog for a while now and this week’s Friday Mashup challenge was just perfect for it! Take a look!

 
  • Stamps: Oh Whale,  Sweet Essentials
  • DSP: Polka Dot Parade
  • Card Stock: Pool Party, So Saffron, Whisper White
  • Ink: Pool Party, So Saffron
  • Accessories: Happy Whale Clearlit Die, Sycamore Street Ribbon, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Rhinestones, Paper Snips, Scallop Trim Border Punch.



So here is the "Mashup" Challenge:

1. Make a project for a "Baby Shower or a Baby".
2Or Make a project using the Colors "Pool Party, Real Red, So Saffron & a Neutral".
3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a project for a "Baby/Shower using the Colors listed above".



I started off by cutting a piece of Pool Party card stock 4-1/4” x 11” and scored it at 5-1/2”. Next I cut a piece of So Saffron card stock 3-1/4" x 4". I punched one 4" long edge with the Scallop Trim Border Punch. Next I cut a piece of Real Red Polka Dot Parade DSP 2-3/4" x 4" and adhered it onto the So Saffron card stock. I adhered this layer onto the bottom of the card front with some Stampin’ Dimensionals. Then I wrapped a piece of Pool Party ribbon from the Sycamore Street Ribbon and Button pack (that you can still get for FREE during Sale-A-Bration) around the card front and tied it into a knot.


I stamped the whale from Oh Whale onto a scrap of Whisper White card stock in So Saffron ink. Then I used the Clearlit die to cut out the whale. There are some other fun shapes that the die cuts at the same time, but the clear window in the die lets you perfectly center your stamped whale before cutting it out. So easy! I stamped the alphabet spray in Pool Party ink on the top of the card front where I wanted my whale to go. Then I adhered the whale onto the card with a Stampin’ Dimensional and added a small Rhinestone for the whale’s eye.


I stamped the greeting from Sweet Essentials onto a 1/2” x 3" piece of Whisper White card stock in Pool Party ink. I cut the left side of the strip into a dove-tail shape and adhered the banner onto the top of the card front.

I love these bright fun colors together! Thanks Liliana for the fun color challenge!  Stop by the Friday Mashup to see what the rest of the design team has created!