Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Widgets

Christmas Tag

I have several projects that I made before Christmas that I am sharing now. Here is a pretty tag that I made for a swap.


  • Stamps: Chock Full of Cheer, Bells and Boughs
  • Card Stock: Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla
  • Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake, Black Stazon
  • Markers: Lucky Limeade, Old Olive, Cherry Cobbler
  • Accessories: Decorative Label Punch, Gold Embossing Powder, Embossing Buddy, Heat Tool, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding ribbon, Crop-A-Dile, Corner Rounder Punch, Stampin’ Sponge, SNAIL Adhesive


For this cheerful Christmas tag I started off by cutting a piece of Cherry Cobbler card stock at 2-1/2” x 3-1/2” and a piece of Very Vanilla card stock at 2-1/4” x 3-1/4”. I used the Corner Rounder Punch on both pieces to make the pretty rounded corners.

I stamped the holly image from Bells and Boughs all over the Very Vanilla card stock in Crumb Cake ink then sponged around the edges of the card stock with Crumb Cake ink. I adhered this onto the Cherry Cobbler card stock and wrapped a piece of Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding ribbon around one end. I used a little bit of SNAIL Adhesive to adhere the ribbon ends in the middle of the tag.

Next I stamped the holly image onto a scrap of Very Vanilla card stock in Black Stazon ink and colored in the holly and the berries. I stamped the greeting from Bells and Boughs on top of the holly in Versamark ink. I covered the stamped image with Gold embossing powder, tapped off the excess, and heated it with my Heat Tool. After the embossing cooled I punched out the greeting with the Decorative label punch. I sponged around the edges of the label with Crumb Cake ink before adhering the label on top of the ribbon ends with a couple Stampin’ Dimensionals.


Now for the candy canes… I stamped the candy canes from Chock Full of Cheer onto a scrap of Very Vanilla card stock in Cherry Cobbler ink and cut them out with Paper Snips. I adhered the candy canes onto the tag with a few Stampin’ Dimensionals.  Now you could just use the Sensational Season stamp set and framelits from the Holiday Catalog to save on your cutting time, but I didn’t have that set at the time I made these.

You gotta have something to attach the tag with so I used the large side of my Crop-A-Dile to punch a hole in the top of the tag and added some more Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding ribbon.


I really like how this turned out. I’ve already got a matching card design in my head. Too bad I didn’t save one of these tags to use on a Christmas present. Maybe I’ll just have to make one more….