Monday, March 11, 2013

Widgets

Merry Christmas Tree

I another fun sketch challenge card for you! Not to mention a cute little Christmas tree! Take a look.


  • Stamps: Everything Eleanor, Greetings of the Season
  • Card Stock: Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla, Cherry Cobbler
  • Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Illuminate Versamark
  • Accessories: Holiday Framelits, Early Espresso Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Merry Minis Punch Pack, Champagne Glimmer Paper, Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details, Gumball Green Marker, Paper Snips, Early espresso Marker, 2-Way Glue Pen.

Here is the sketch that was created by Liz Goldhawk:



I started off on this card by cutting a piece of Crumb Cake card stock 4-1/4” x 11” and scored it at 5-1/2”. Next I stamped the swirl from Everything Eleanor in the bottom right corner a couple times with the Illuminate Versamark pad. This leaves a watermark with just a little bit of shimmer. So pretty!

Next I cut a piece of Very Vanilla card stock 1” x 3-3/4” and stamped the greeting from Greetings of the Season onto the card stock in Cherry Cobbler ink. I adhered this onto a 1-1/4” x 4” piece of Early Espresso card stock and adhered this onto the top of the card front. Next I adhered a scrap of Cherry Cobbler card stock across the card front directly under the greeting panel.


How did I get that pretty curvy decorative edge on the Cherry Cobbler card stock you ask? This is actually a scrap leftover from cutting a piece of Cherry Cobbler card stock on the Fancy Favor box die. I just adhered it down and trimmed off the excess sticking out past the edge of the card front with Paper Snips. Then I wrapped a piece of Early Espresso Stitched Grosgrain ribbon around the card front and tied it into a bow.


Now for the tree. I cut a scrap of Very Vanilla card stock in the Big Shot with the tree die from the Holiday Framelits set. I colored in the tree with the Gumball Green marker. I colored each tier of the tree with downward strokes going from the top of the tier towards the bottom. Once I colored the entire thing I went back over it again, this time not going down quite as far with the strokes on each tier. Repeat this one more time. This gives you some shading on your tree. I colored in the trunk of the tree with the Early Espresso marker.


I used the star punch from the Merry Minis Punch Pack on a piece of Champagne Glimmer Paper and adhered the star onto the very tippity top of the tree with a 2-Way Glue Pen. Then I added some dots of Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details to hand some ornaments on the tree. Once the Dazzling Details dried I adhered the tree onto the card front with a Stampin’ Dimensional.

So cute, and sparkly! What do you think?