Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Widgets

Give Thanks!

This is a post I typed up last October, but never got around to posting. So, even though it's not current, I though I would still share it with you.

When fall rolls around and the leaves start falling from the trees you know the holidays are soon to come. During the holidays you spend time with family and friends, enjoying each other’s company and the season. Not to mention good food to. But it also makes me think more about the things I’m thankful for like my wonderful husband, our home, our family, our puppies, and the list could go on.  It’s a nice time to stop and be thankful for the little things that life has to offer. Like seeing the bright colors of leaves on the trees… 



and time just playing with the dogs. 



So when coming up with the projects for the October Make and Take I thought it was important to include a fall inspired thank you card. So my guests and I would have the perfect card to show someone you are thankful for them and what they do.  I found THIS fabulous card by Cheryl at Love to Stamp and Scrap and cased it almost exactly.


  • Stamps: Gently Falling, Seasonal Sayings
  • Card Stock: Very Vanilla, Early Espresso, Old Olive, Cajun Craze, More Mustard
  • Ink: Old Olive, Cajun Craze, More Mustard, Early Espresso
  • Accessories: Summer Starfruit Stitched Satin Ribbon, Stampin’ Sponge

For the card base I cut a piece of Very Vanilla card stock 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” and scored it at 4-1/4”. Next I cut a piece of Early Espresso card stock 4” x 5-1/4”. Then I cut one piece of each Old Olive, Cajun Craze, and More Mustard 1-1/8” x 3-1/2”. I stamped the leaves onto each panel in the coordinating color ink. For the solid images I inked up the stamped and stamped it off on a piece of scrap paper before stamping onto the card stock. This gives a lighter image in the same color. The leaf outlines were stamped on top of the solid images. Then I sponged around the edges of each panel in the same ink color.

Next I adhered the strips onto the top of the Early Espresso card stock. To get the strips spaced evenly adhere the outside strips first, then you can center the middle strip between the two.

For the greeting I cut a piece of Very Vanilla card stock 1-1/2” x 3-3/4”. I stamped the greeting from Seasonal Sayings onto the card stock in Early Espresso ink and then adhered this onto the bottom of the Early Espresso card stock.

 
Then I cut a piece of Summer Starfruit Stitched Satin ribbon, wrapped it around the Early Espresso card stock and tied it into a knot. I adhered this panel onto the card front and that’s it! It takes a little time to stamp and sponge the three different colored panels, but the finished product is so worth the effort!

What are you thankful for this fall?