Friday, March 29, 2013

Widgets

Hey There!

Are you ready for another Friday Mashup challenge!


  • Stamps: My Paper Pumpkin
  • DSP: Comfort Cafe
  • Card Stock: Midnight Muse, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla
  • Ink: Early Espresso, Sahara Sand
  • Accessories: Essentials Paper Piercing Pack, Linen Thread, Essentials Piercing Pack, Stampin’ Pierce Mat, Paper Piercer, Designer Builder Brads, Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack, Distressing Tool, Ruler, Sahara Sand Marker, Stampin Sponge, Pop Up Posies Designer Kit, Large Scallop Edgelit, Early Espresso Marker, Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz

 

Here's your Mashup Challenge:

  1. Create a project using "Lined paper (Notebook, Graph, Spreadsheet etc.)".
  2. Create a project that has a "Distressed appearance".
  3. Or Mash it Up and create a project with "Lined paper that's Distressed looking".

I had a tough time with this challenge. I don’t have any stamps that have lines like paper, and I didn’t want to use regular notebook paper. So I here is what I did.

I started off with a 5-1/2” 8-1/2” piece of Midnight Muse card stock and scored it at 4-1/4”. Next I cut a piece of Comfort CafĂ© DSP 4” x 5-1/4”. I sponged around the edges of the DSP with Early Espresso ink and adhered the DSP onto the card front.

Next I took a scrap of Very Vanilla card stock that was about 3” x 4”. I took a ruler and the fine point end of my Sahara Sand marker and drew lines across the card stock. I just eyeballed how far apart to have the lines. Then took the stamps from the My Paper Pumpkin welcome kit and used Early Espresso ink to stamp the greeting so that it was almost on the line. I stamped the spots image several times onto the card stock in Sahara Sand ink. I distressed the edges of the card stock and sponged around the edges with Early Espresso ink. Then I took Paper Snips and cut the bottom at an angle so it wouldn’t stick out past the scalloped edge. I adhered the lined paper onto the card front with a few Stampin’ Dimensionals at the top and glue stick at the bottom.


For the scallops I cut a piece of Early Espresso card stock 2” x 5-1/2” and ran it through the Big Shot with the Large Scallop Edgelit. I used my Paper Piercer, Stampin’ Pierce Mat, and Essentials Paper Piercing pack to pierce holes along the scalloped edge and the top edge. I sponged around the edges of the card stock with Early Espresso ink, and then I used the fine point end of my Early Espresso marker to draw lines between every other pierced hole to make it look like stitching. I adhered the scalloped edge onto the card front with glue stick. I wrapped a piece of Linen Thread around the card front and tied it into a bow.


For the flower I took four flowers from the Pop Up Posies Designer Kit and curled the petals a little by running them across my bone folder. I stacked up the flowers and used my Paper Piercer and Stampin’ Pierce mat to pierce a hole through all the layers and added a Designer Builder Brad in the hole. I used the circle punch from the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch pack on a scrap of Midnight Muse DSP and adhered it onto the brad before adding the clear dome. I adhered the flower onto the card with a Stampin’ Dimensional. I wanted to add some shimmer and a little more splatter so I sprayed my card front with my Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz.


Although I struggled a bit coming up with this card, I really love how it turned out!

If you have a chance head on over to the Friday Mashup and see what the rest of the design team has come up with!