Thursday, March 28, 2013

Widgets

Take Care

Are you ready for a cute Owl punch card? Good! I have one to share with you today. This is a card that can work for a variety of occasions. It’s also a cure and fast card to put together. Take a look!



  • Stamps: Take Care
  • DSP: Sycamore Street
  • Card Stock: Gumball Green, Whisper White, Crumb Cake, Sahara Sand, Pool Party, Whisper White, Basic Black
  • Ink: Gumball Green
  • Markers: Early Espresso, Gumball Green
  • Accessories: Owl Builder Punch, Silver Glimmer Paper, 1-1/4” Scalloped Circle Punch, Paper Snips, 2-Way Glue Pen, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Top Note Die, Woodgrain embossing folder.


I started off by cutting a piece of Gumball Green card stock 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” and scored it at 4-1/4”. I ran the card base through the Big Shot in the Woodgrain embossing folder. Next I cut a piece of Whisper White card stock 4” x 5” and ran it through the Big Shot on the Top Note die.


I inked up the branch from Take Care with Early Espresso and Gumball Green markers, breathed on the stamp to re-moisten the ink, and then stamped it on the top note card stock. I stamped the greeting onto the top note in the upper right hand corner in Gumball Green ink. I adhered this piece onto the card front and used Paper Snips to cut the label even with the edge of the card front.


Now for the owl. I punched the shapes from scraps as follows: Crumb Cake for the body, Whisper White for the large circles, Pool Party for the medium circles, Basic Black for the smallest circles, Sycamore Street DSP for the belly, and Silver Glimmer paper for the heart. I adhered all the pieces together using 2-Way Glue Pen. For the wings I used the 1-1/4” Scalloped Circle punch on a scrap of Sahara Sand card stock and used Paper Snips to cut the scalloped circle in half. Just adhere each half of the circle behind the owl with 2-Way Glue Pen and you have wings!  I adhered the owl onto the card front with a Stampin’ Dimensional. 

I just love this little owl!