Thursday, March 7, 2013

Widgets

Fall Thinking of You

This is a card from the November Make and Take. I just HAD to make one with leaves! It was a requirement! Take a look.


  • Stamps: Sweet Essentials, Woodgrain
  • Card Stock: Very Vanilla, More Mustard, Sahara Sand, Pumpkin Pie, So Saffron
  • Ink: Early Espresso, Raspberry Ripple, Cajun Craze
  • Accessories: Paper Snips, Autumn Accents Die, Woodgrain embossing folder, Stampin’ Sponge, Raspberry Ripple Stitched Satin ribbon, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Multipurpose Liquid Adhesive


I started by cutting a piece of Very Vanilla card stock 4-1/4” x 11” and scored it at 5-1/2”. Next I cut a piece of Sahara Sand card stock 3-5/8” x 4-7/8”. I stamped the Woodgrain background image onto the Sahara Sand card stock in Early Espresso ink. Then I used a Stampin’ Sponge to sponge Early Espresso ink around the edges of the card stock. I adhered this onto a 3-3/4” x 5” piece of More Mustard card stock then adhered it onto the card front.


I cut a piece of Pumpkin Pie card stock 2-1/4” x 2-1/4”, a piece of So Saffron card stock 1-3/4” x 2-1/4”, and a piece of More Mustard card stock 1-1/2” x 2”. I ran these through the Big Shot on the Autumn Accents die the folded the leaves in half and ran them through the Big Shot again in the Woodgrain embossing folder. Then I simply opened up the leaves and lightly sponged on some Cajun Craze ink. I adhered the leaves together in a cluster with Mulitpurpose Liquid Adhesive then adhered the cluster of leaves onto the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.


Next I cut a piece of Very Vanilla card stock 3/4” x 3” and stamped the greeting from Sweet Essentials onto the card stock in Raspberry Ripple ink. I used Paper Snips to cut a dove-tail in one end of the strip and sponged around the edges with Early Espresso ink. I used Stampin’ Dimensionals to adhere this piece onto the card front. Finally I wrapped the card front in a piece of Raspberry Ripple Stitched Satin ribbon and tied it into a knot.