Friday, March 1, 2013

Widgets

Rustic Christmas Card

Well, this is the last Christmas card that my Make and Take ladies made in 2012. I wanted to squeeze in several products from the Holiday catalog that I had not used yet. This rustic Christmas card is what I ended up with. I was also inspired by THIS card created by Leena at A La Cards.  



  • Stamps: Evergreen, Seasonal Sayings
  • Card Stock: Crumb Cake, Old Olive, Very Vanilla, Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso Core’Dinations
  • Ink: Versamark, Crumb Cake, Early Espresso
  • Accessories: Sanding Block, Apothecary Accents Framelits, Snow Flurry die, Lacy Brocade embossing folder, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Gold embossing powder, Embossing Buddy, Heat Tool, Paper Piercer, Stampin’ Pierce Mat, Gold brads

I started off with a piece of Crumb Cake card stock cut at 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” and scored it at 4-1/4”. Next I cut a piece of Early Espresso Core’Dinations card stock 4” x 5-1/4”. I ran the Early Espresso card stock through the Lacy Brocade embossing folder then used the Sanding Block to sand the raised texture and reveal the lighter inside core of the card stock. I adhered this piece onto the card front.

Now for the greeting panel. I cut a piece of Very Vanilla and a piece of Old Olive 3-1/2” x 5-1/2” and ran them both through the Big Shot with the Apothecary Accents Framelit. I stamped the solid tree image from Evergreen onto the right side of the Very Vanilla label in Crumb Cake ink. Then I stamped the line tree image in Early Espresso ink on top of the solid image. I stamped the greeting from Seasonal Sayings onto the left side of the label in Versamark ink. I covered the stamped image with Gold embossing powder, tapped off the excess, and heated it with the Heat Tool.


Next I took Paper Snips and cut the Old Olive in half length-wise from point to point. I adhered each half of the label behind the Very Vanilla label and then used the Paper Snips to trim off the points of the Old Olive card stock that extended past the edge of the Very Vanilla card stock.

I wanted to add some snowflakes onto the card and give it a pop of red so I cut a piece of Cherry Cobbler and Crumb Cake I ran these through the Big Shot on the Snow Flurry die to cut the medium snowflake from Cherry Cobbler and the smallest snowflake from Crumb Cake card stock. I layered the snowflakes on top of each other and on the corner of the label and used the Paper Piercer and Stampin’ Pierce mat to pierce a hole in the center of the snowflake. I added a Gold brad into the hole and spread the prongs on the backside of the label. I adhered the label onto the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.

A lot of layers and Big Shot cutting, but overall not too difficult to make. What do you think?