Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Widgets

Sparkling Coneflowers

I created this card for the SCCSC5 Sketch Challenge on Stampin Connection.

Stamps: Inspired by Nature, Vintage Vogue

Cardstock: Whisper White, Bashful Blue, Pacific Point, Night of Navy, Certainly Celery
Ink: Bashful Blue, Pacific Point, Night of Navy, Whisper White
Accessories: Dazzling Diamonds, Heat and Stick powder

The card base is Whisper White cardstock. I stamped the ivy flourish from Vintage Vogue on the sides of large sheets of Bashful Blue, Pacific Point, and Night of Navy with their matching inks. This created a subtle but noticeable pattern on the colored cardstock. Then I cut out several 1” circles using my Circle Scissor (since I don’t have the 1” circle punch) and mounted these in a wavy pattern overlapping each other and the bottom of the card. Then I stamped the sentiment from Vintage Vogue vertically on the left side of the card base in Pacific Point ink.


For the main image panel I stamped the coneflowers from Inspired by Nature in Versamark and embossed with Heat and Stick powder and Dazzling Diamonds glitter. Then I brayered the entire thing with Bashful Blue ink, then brayered from the left side to the right with Pacific Point and Night of Navy taking care not to completely cover the previous color. This gave the panel a very nice graduated color effect. This is mounted on a piece of Whisper White and then a mat of Certainly Celery helps it to stand out from the white and blues of the card base. This is one of my favorites of all the cards I have made. I just love this!