Sunday, February 21, 2010

Widgets

Bloomin Beautiful

I just can't wait for spring to come. I'm tired of snow, of being cold, and of cleaning my car off. It can be spring any time now. This card has pretty flowers and bright colors which remind me of the nice spring days hopefully soon to some.

Stamps: Bloomin’ Beautiful, Warm Words, Baroque Motifs
Paper: Tempting Turquoise, Certainly Celery, Garden Green, Whisper White
Ink: Bashful Blue, Sahara Sand, Soft Suede, Chocolate Chip, Basic Black, Stazon, SU markers
Accessories: Silver hodgepodge hardware brads, silver brads, Flower Fusion II (retired), and White organza ribbon.

I created this card for the SCCSC4 sketch challenge on Stampin Connection. The card base is Certainly Celery cs with a Garden Green mat behind a Whisper White panel that was stamped with the swirls from Baroque Motifs in Tempting Turquoise ink. I stamped “happiness” from Warm Words in Basic Black ink on the bottom right corner of the card and then added some Whisper White organza ribbon.

I stamped the pot of flowers and bumble bee from Bloomin’ Beautiful in black Stazon ink on Whisper White cs. I colored in these images with various SU markers then masked the bottom portion of the pot and sponged on Soft Suede and Chocolate Chip to create a table. I added a shadow behind the pot with Sarah Sand, and then cut out a 4 inch circle with my Circle Scissor. I sponged Bashful Blue around the edges and then mounted this onto a 4 ¼” circle of Certainly Celery. This panel is popped up from the card base with scrap rubber. Finally I added the brads from the Silver hodgepodge hardware, a silver brad, and two flowers from Flower Fusion II (retired). What do you think?