Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Widgets

Razzleberry Medallion

I created this card for the SCFC5 Featured Stamper Challenge featuring Jen Diercks. First is Jen’s beautiful card that I CASED:



And here is my version:

Stamps: Medallion, Vintage Labels

Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Rich Razzleberry, Whisper White
Ink: Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive
Accessories: Old Olive 5/8” grograin ribbon
Techniques: direct to paper

For my CASE I used Rich Razzleberry instead of Chocolate Chip for the mat and the medallion image, and Old Olive instead of Dusty Durango for the ribbon and the sentiment. I also used the Vintage Labels set for the sentiment and the frame around the sentiment. I used the Curly Label punch to punch out the sentiment label. This is where I ran into some trouble. I didn’t have any Old Olive cardstock. So instead I used Whisper White cardstock and used the direct to paper technique with my Old Olive ink pad. After several swipes I had Old Olive cardstock. After all the ink dried I punched out another curly label and cut it in half and mounted the halves behind the first curly label. This was mounted to the card with scrap rubber to pop it up. What do you think?