Friday, February 5, 2010

Widgets

SC265 Sketch Challenge

I created this card for the SC265 Sketch Challenge on splitcoaststampers.com.

I started with a Certainly Celery card base and added a panel of Bermuda Bay that I had run through a wavy crimper and brayered with Pacific Point ink. I like this effect because it really shows the texture more.

For the main image panel I colored my coneflower stamp from Inspired By Nature with my SU markers: Summer Sun, More Mustard, Soft Suede, Chocolate Chip, Sage Shadow, and Always Artichoke. I then remoistened the stamp by breathing on it and stamped the image. Then I used my stamp-a-ma-jig to stamp the coneflowers again in versamark and embossed it with clear embossing powder. My versamark wasn't exactly lined up like I wanted it to be so that is why you see a white outline on the right side. It still looks okay though.

Then I stamped the grass from the same stamp set in Sage Shadow ink. Starting from the top of the panel I brayered on Bashful Blue and Tempting Turqouise ink. I then layered this panel on a piece of Crushed Curry CS. The top strip was stamped with "wonderful" from Warm Words in Basic Black ink and then three large brads from the Silver Hodgepodge Hardware were added and the strip adhered. I am pleased with how this turned out. What do you think?