Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Widgets

Turquoise Coneflowers

I created this card for the SCCOLOR4 color challenge on Stampin Connection. The colors for this challenge were Certainly Celery, Garden Green, and Tempting Turquoise. This is what I came up with after a lot of effort.


Stamps: Inspired by Nature
Cardstock: Whisper White, Certainly Celery, Garden Green
Ink: Tempting Turquoise, Certainly Celery, Basic Black
Accessories: Whisper White organza ribbon
Techniques: Brayering, sponging, direct to paper

The Certainly Celery with Tempting Turquoise was pretty easy, but figuring out how to incorporate the Garden Green took me a while. I brayered the top portion of a piece of Whisper White cs with Tempting Turquoise ink. I sponged and used the direct to paper technique at the bottom with Certainly Celery ink. Then I stamped the coneflowers from Inspired by Nature in Basic Black in. This was cut out with the Top Note die. I also cut out a piece of Garden green with the top note die, cut it in half, and adhered it behind the image panel.

The card base is Certainly Celery with a strip of Whisper White that was stamped at the bottom with the sentiment from Inspired by Nature in Tempting Turquoise ink. For a finishing touch I added some White organza ribbon around the top note panel which was then adhered with scrap rubber to the card front to make it pop up. I really like this one and will have to try to use Garden Green more often.