Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Widgets

Masculine Valentine, SCCSC3

I created this card using the sketch challenge SCCSC3 from Stampin Connection for a valentine to give my DH. He really wouldn't appreciated one that was pink and red with glitter all over it so I settled for black, grey, and red.

The card base is Going Grey that was stamped with the flourish from Friends 24-7 in Going Grey ink. I used the stamp-a-ma-jig to layout the pattern so it looked like DSP. The strip of Real Red cs was punched with the Scallop Trim border punch and I added some Mistletoe ribbon from the holiday mini catalog. This was adhered to a piece of Basic Black and then to the card front. The main panel is Whisper White with "love you much" from Well Scripted (occasions mini catalog)in Real Red ink. This was layered on Real Red, Basic Black, and Going Grey cs. The three brads were then added before this panel was adhered to the card with some scrap rubber to add some dimension.

I think my DH will appreciate this valentine, but if not at least it was fun to make.