Saturday, February 6, 2010

Widgets

SCCOLOR2

I created this card for the SCCOLOR2 color challege on Stampin Connection. The challenge this week was to use Dusty Durango, Bashful Blue, Basic Grey, Basic Black, and Whisper White. This was a tough color combo to work with. But this is what I came up with.


The card base is Basic Black with a mat of Basic Grey. Strips of Bashful Blue and Dusty Durango were run through the Manhattan Flower embossing folder. These were then adhered to the Basic Grey mat with 1/4" strips of Basic Black paper on top of the seams. The rose from Fifth Avenue Floral was stamped in Basic Black craft ink and embossed in clear embossing powder. Then I used an aquapainter with Bashful Blue and Dusty Durango inks to color in the rose.

This is popped up on scrap rubber then adhered to a piece of Whisper White that was brayered from the top down with Basic Grey and then the sentiment stamped in Basic Black. This is all layered on another piece of Basic Black. As an afterthought before I adhered the rose panel I wanted to make the ebossed roses stand out more in the background so I used a sponge and some Basic Grey ink and swiped it over the top.

This was an interesting color combo to work with. I look forward to the next color challenge!