Sunday, February 14, 2010

Widgets

SCFC4 Featured Stamper Jan Tink

I created these cards for the SCFC4 challenge on stampin connection. This week we are honoring Jan Tink for her beautiful creations. You can check out her blog by following this link. I was having a tough time choosing between two cards which one I wanted to CASE for the challenge. So I just decided to do both.   Here is the first card from Jan Tink's gallery that I chose to CASE:
Isn't this just GORGEOUS!!! Here is my version:

Stamps: Delightful Decorations
Cardstock: Real Red, Whisper White
Paper: Christmas Cocoa DSP
Ink: Real Red
Accessories: Silver brads, silver cord, green Mistletoe ribbon, eyelet border punch.
Technique: Sponging

I used silver chord instead of gold, three brads instead of two, the green Mistletoe ribbon instead of the red and white, and I used a different ornament from Delightful Decorations. I’m pretty sure that my card is larger than Jan Tink’s, but it’s hard to tell in the photo. Mine is 5.5” square.

This is the second card I chose to CASE:
And here is my version:


Stamps: Simple Snowflake, Christmas Greetings
Cardstock: Kraft, Bashful Blue, Night of Navy, Whisper White
Ink: Night of Navy
Accessories: Silver eyelets, silver brads, silver cord, Simple Snowflake punch.
Technique: Sponging

For this card I couldn’t tell what ink color Jan Tink used, I’m pretty sure it’s Bashful Blue, but I decided to go for a little more contrast and use Night of Navy. I also added a Night of Navy panel, instead of piercing the paper I just added a score line, and instead of using the Word Window punch (which I don’t have yet) I just used a rectangle of Whisper White CS.

Jan Tink is such an inspiration and her blog is always entertaining to read. I had such a wonderful time perusing her gallery to chose cards to case and recreating her beautiful cards.