Monday, June 30, 2014

Widgets

Bright Birthday Wishes Card

Today I have a fun and bright birthday card to share with you! This bright Tangelo Twist card stock just screams cheerful when paired with other bright colors!


 
  • Tangelo Twist card stock 5-1/2" x 8-1/2"
  • Crushed Curry card stock 2-1/4" x 5-1/2"
  • Confetti Celebration DSP 2" x 5-1/2"
  • Whisper White card stock 4" x 5-1/4"
  • Confetti Celebration DSP 3/4" x 5-1/4"
  • 20" Bermuda Bay Taffeta Ribbon
  • Stamps: Four You, Cycle Celebration
  • Ink: Versamark, Bermuda Bay, Tangelo Twist
  • Accessories: Embossing Buddy, Heat Tool, Black embossing powder, Stampin' Dimensionals, Zig Zag embossing folder, Brights Buttons, Glue Dots, Chevron Punch, 2-Way Glue Pen
I started off by folding the Tangelo Twist card stock on the score line. Then I ran the card front through the Big Shot in the Zig Zag embossing folder to add some fun texture. Next up I stamped the greeting from Four You onto the Confetti Celebration DSP in Versamark ink, covered the stamped image with black embossing powder, then heat it with the Heat Tool until it's nice and shiny.



I glued this layer onto the Hello Honey card stock. I wrapped the Bermuda Bay ribbon around the length of the panel and tied it into a bow. I stuck this layer onto the card front with Stampin' Dimensionals and glued a Brights button right next to the greeting with a Glue Dot.
 
 
Once I got the card to this point I thought it could use just something else. So I punched some Silver Glimmer Paper with the Chevron Border Punch and used 2-Way Glue Pen to glue just the chevrons onto the top left corner of the card front.

 
For the inside I stamped the candles from Cycle Celebration into the bottom right hand corner in Bermuda Bay ink. Then I stamped the greeting in Tangelo Twist ink. Finally I glued the strip of DSP onto the bottom of the card stock and glued this layer inside the card to finish it off.

 
I really like all the bright colors and geometric designs on the card front. What do you think of the new Tangelo Twist color? Too bright? Or just perfect?