Thursday, June 12, 2014

Widgets

Baby Shower Cuteness

I hosted a baby shower this last weekend for my sister-in-law and it was a blast! So much fun! So here is the rundown.

I made this adorable banner for the doorway to the sunroom. I used some curtains to block off the door and hide the unfinished room. Yep, I totally forgot to cut out another yellow A so this is what it looked like for the shower. Oops!


You may be able to tell that I have an obsession with blue glassware.... It came into good use as a variety of little vases for some yellow flowers and baby's breath on the mantle for a pretty decoration.



I just love this droopy sunflower!


The buffet and some of my pretty dishware held all the yummy food.


For the menu we had Luzianne sweet iced tea. I just love this brand of iced tea. However, I make mine different (read: I don't like to follow instructions). I put 3/4 cup granulated sugar in a one gallon pitcher. Then I add three tea bags. Then fill it up with the hottest possible tap water. Yep. I said tap water. It probably helps that my husband likes to have the hot water heater turned up pretty high. The hot water dissolves the sugar right away. Then just stick it in the fridge for it to get cold. After about an hour you can take out the tea bags. Super easy and super yummy.


We also had Cinnamon Chips with Fruit Salsa, Cranberry and White Chocolate Scones, Pineapple Cheese Ball with crackers (this is a family recipe that I will post later) and cupcakes.


The cupcakes were just a yellow box cake mix, but I used some tips I found on Pinterest to make it more yummy. To do this use melted butter instead of vegetable oil, use milk instead of water, and add an extra egg. Then just bake it as directed on the box. It fattens up the cake more, but it tastes like a cake from a bakery. For the frosting I used this Cloud Frosting recipe which was super easy and really tasty without being too sweet.

For the favors I used this White Chocolate Popcorn recipe. I just bagged them up and added some cute blue and yellow ribbon and some simple tags. Then tossed them in this pretty basket I scored from Pick Your Plum. the artwork behind the basket I will share later today so make sure you come back to check it out!


These glasses were sitting around in my cabinet unused for years. So when I was sorting through things and purging to organize a bit more I set these aside and later painted the flowers and colored stripes on the glasses with some DecoArt Crystal Gloss Enamels paint. Then I just filled up the cups with some yummy Lindt Truffles and Ghirardelli chocolates for the game prizes.


The games were pretty fun and everyone enjoyed it. We played a game where you unscramble the words. Then there was "what's in your purse", and finally a game of baby shower bingo. Click on the links to go to the sites where you can find the printables.

I'm just so glad that the shower went well and that everyone had a good time.