Friday, June 13, 2014

Widgets

Fabulous Work of Art

There are so many new and fun things in the new catalog. So I pulled out some of my new toys and put together this fun card!



  • Blackberry Bliss 5-1/2" x 8-1/2", scored at 4-1/4"
  • Hello Honey 4" x 5-1/4"
  • Moonlight DSP 3-7/8" x 5-1/8"
  • Watercolor Paper 2" x 3"
  • 20" Hello Honey ribbon
  • Stamps: Work of Art
  • Ink: Hello Honey, Lost Lagoon, Blackberry Bliss
  • Accessories: Scalloped Tag Topper Punch, Rhinestones, Lace Doily, Hello Honey Satin Stitched Ribbon, Stampin' Dimensionals

This card really is pretty simple, but between the pattern, doily, and the fabulous watercolored stamping it really gives it a rich and super layered feel. Especially with the rich new In Colors.


So start off by folding the Blackberry Bliss card stock on the score line. Then glue the Moonlight DSP onto the Hello Honey card stock. Then glue that layer onto the card front. Now take one of the beautiful thin doilies and glue it onto the card front. I usually just add a little glue stick in the center of the doily and just tap the glue stick around the edges.

For the piece with the greeting I cut a piece of Watercolor paper and used the Scallop Tag Topper Punch on both ends. Then I took the Lost Lagoon, Hello Honey, and Blackberry Bliss ink pads, squeezed the center of the closed ink pads, and opened them half way. Then I took an Aqua Painter and picked up some the ink from the lid and painted each color in rows on one of the Work of Art stamps.

After it was all inked up I gave it a spritz with a Stampin' Mister filled with water then stamped it onto the watercolor paper. After taking a heat tool to it to dry the ink completely then I stamped the greeting on top of the watercolor fabulousness in Blackberry Bliss ink.


Next up I threaded the label onto the ribbon and added a few Stampin' Dimensionals onto the backside of the label so I could stick the label down exactly where I wanted it. Then I tied the super soft and pretty ribbon into a bow. 


Finally I added some Rhinestones onto the label to add some sparkle. So much fun! 

What is your favorite new catalog product?