Thursday, June 26, 2014

Widgets

Peaceful Petals

Last week was the June Make and Take. So this week I'm starting to share the cards that the ladies made. Since the new catalog was just released a few weeks ago we had to play with the new in colors and some of the fabulous new products! So here is the first card...


  • Blackberry Bliss card stock 5-1/2" x 8-1/2", scored at 4-1/4"
  • Pool Party card stock 1" x 4-1/4"
  • Dazzling Diamonds glimmer paper 3/4" x 4-1/4"
  • Whisper White card stock 3-1/2" x 3-3/4"
  • Whisper White card stock 4" x 5-1/4"
  • Stamps: Hardwood, Peaceful Petals
  • Ink: Momento, Elegant Eggplant
  • Accessories: Old Olive Blendabilities, Daffodil Delight Blendabilities, Stampin' Dimensionals, Rhinestones, Lace Doilies
For this lovely I started off by folding the Blackberry Bliss card stock on the score line. Isn't this color just so rich and gorgeous?! I stamped the Hardwood background image onto the card front in Elegant Eggplant ink.

Next up I ran the smaller piece of Whisper White card stock through the Big Shot with the 3rd from smallest Deco Labels Framelit. Okay, I kind of cheated here. The Peaceful Petals stamp set technically retired with the Occasions catalog. But I really wanted to show off the new Blendabilities markers without having to use all the colors available and without driving my guests batty with a crazy amount of coloring. So I stamped the flowers and leaves onto the die cut Whisper White card stock in Momento Ink.



I colored the flowers with the Daffodil Delight and Old Olive Blendabilities. Since we don't have shades of brown available in Blendabilies yet I got the brown flower centers by coloring it in with the darkest Daffodil Delight marker then going over it with the darkest Old Olive marker. Let that dry then add some dots of the Old Olive to create more texture.

Then stamp the greeting onto the panel just above the flowers in Coastal Cabana ink. Add a large rhinestone next to the greeting then set this panel aside. 

 
I cut one of my lace paper doilies in half and glued it onto the card front. I glued the fab new Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper onto the strip of Pool Party card stocks then glued that panel down onto the card front over the cut edge of the doily. Then just stick the flower panel onto the card front with a few Stampin' Dimensionals. 

 
Since the card stock is so dark it kind of is necessary to add a piece of white on the inside so you can add a message. So I took the larger piece of Whisper White card stock and stamped the splatter image from Gorgeous Grunge a few times in Coastal Cabana ink then glued the panel inside the card.
 
I can definitely say I'm loving the new Blendabilies markers!