Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Widgets

Grungy Father's Day

Since Father's Day is right around the corner I thought it would be a good idea to go ahead and make my cards and get them out of the way rather than my usual procrastination until the last minute and post about it weeks after the holiday. I pulled out some new goodies for this one.


Here is what you need:

  • Hello Honey card stock 5-1/2" x 8-1/2", scored at 4-1/4"
  • Moonlight DSP 4" x 5-1/4"
  • Lost Lagoon 5/8" x 5-1/2"
  • Whisper White 1/4" x 5-1/2"
  • Basic Gray 1/4" x 4-1/4"
  • Basic Gray 1/4" x 4"
  • Stamps: Gorgeous Grunge, Teeny Tiny Wishes
  • Ink: Lost Lagoon, Mossy Meadow, Hello Honey
  • Accessories: Chevron Border Punch, Silver Glimmer Paper, 2-Way Glue Pen, Stampin' Dimensionals


I started off by folding the gorgeous Hello Honey card stock on the score line. Then I stamped the splatter images from Gorgeous Grunge onto the DSP in Lost Lagoon, Mossy Meadow, and Hello Honey ink. This piece was glued onto the card front with some glue stick and the two narrow strips of Basic Gray card stock were glued onto the left side of the card with 2-Way Glue Pen. These were actually scraps that were left over from some other project.


I used the Chevron Border Punch on a piece of Silver Glimmer Paper and glued just the chevrons onto the card front with 2-Way Glue Pen.

For the greeting I grabbed a scrap of Whisper White card stock that happened to be 1/4" x 5-1/2" and stamped the greeting from Teeny Tiny Wishes onto the strip in Hello Honey. Somehow I managed to actually get the greeting stamped straight onto this tiny strip on the first try. I'm still trying to figure out how that happened.


Anyway, that was glued down onto the 5/8" x 5-1/2" strip of Lost Lagoon card stock and then it was stuck onto the card front with a few Stampin' Dimensionals.

It's not my most favorite card of all time. I was going for the over the top grungy/layered look which is a style I struggle with. But oh well. It will still work. One Father's Day card down! One more to go!

Are you ready for Father's Day or do you procrastinate like I typically do?