Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Widgets

Wonderful Butterfly

I just love butterflies! They are my go to image when I need to add a little something. I think sometimes I use them way too much! This card I cased from Joanne at Sleepy in Seattle. Now here is my version!


  • Stamps: Swallowtail, Loving Thoughts
  • Card Stock: Whisper White, Wisteria Wonder
  • Ink: Elegant Eggplant, Versamark
  • Accessories: White embossing powder, Embossing Buddy, Heat Tool, Rhinestones, craft knife, Pool Party Seam Binding Ribbon, Sponge Dauber
This card was so easy and a definite wow! I started off by cutting a piece of Whisper White card stock 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” and scored it at 4-1/4”. Next I cut a piece of Wisteria Wonder card stock 4” x 5-1/4”. I stamped the Swallowtail image onto the card stock in Versamark ink, covered the stamped image with White embossing powder, tapped off the excess, and heated it with my Heat Tool.


I used a Sponge Dauber with some Elegant Eggplant ink to sponged inside the butterfly and around the edges of the butterfly. 


The greeting from Loving Thoughts was stamped into the lower right hand corner with Elegant Eggplant ink. I adhered this panel onto the card front and added three Rhinestones in the upper left hand corner.


Finally I used a craft knife to cut a slit in the fold of the card, inserted a piece of Pool Party Seam Binding Ribbon through the slit, wrapped it around the card front, and tied it into a knot. See… SUPER simple! But such a cool effect! What do you think?