Thursday, August 8, 2013

Widgets

Perfect as You Are!

Today I have a card to share with you from back in March that I hadn't gotten around to sharing yet. We made this lovely at the March Make and Take. Chalkboards are all the rage right now so I couldn't resist using the Chalkboard technique with this lovely Sale-A-Bration stamp set.


  • Stamps: Vintage Verses (retired)
  • DSP: Sycamore Street (retired)
  • Card Stock: Island Indigo, Calypso Coral, Pool Party, Basic Black
  • Ink: Island Indigo, Versamark, White Craft Ink
  • Accessories: Window Frames Framelits, Stampin’ Dimensionals, White embossing powder, Embossing Buddy, Heat Tool, Calypso Coral Ribbon (retired), Stamping Sponge


For this lovely I started out with a 4-1/4” x 11” piece of Island Indigo card stock and scored it at 5-1/2”. I cut a piece of Sycamore Street DSP 3-5/8” x 4-7/8” and adhered it onto a 3-3/4” x 5” piece of Whisper White card stock. I adhered this layer onto the card front. Next I cut a piece of Calypso Coral card stock 1” x 4-7/8” and adhered it across the bottom portion of the DSP.

For the chalkboard portion I cut a piece of Basic Black card stock 2-3/4” x 2-3/4” and ran it through the Big Shot with the second from smallest Window Frames Framelit. I stamped the greeting from Vintage Verses onto the card stock in Versamark ink, covered the stamped image with White embossing powder, tapped off the excess, and heated it with my Heat Tool. I then used a Stamping Sponge and Whisper White Craft Ink to sponge around the outside edges and some randomly in the middle to make it look like a dirty chalk board.


For the next layer I cut a piece of Pool Party card stock 3-1/4” x 3-1/4”. I ran this through the Big Shot with the 3rd from smallest Window Frames Framelit then sponged around the outside edge with Island Indigo ink. I adhered the chalkboard label onto the Pool Party label then adhered this layer onto the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.

Finally I wrapped a piece of Calypso Coral ribbon from the Sycamore Street Ribbon and Buttons pack around the card front and tied it into a bow.


Although this one has lots of layers I love the contrast of the black chalkboard with all the bright colors and the pattern of the DSP!