Monday, August 12, 2013

Widgets

Flowery Thinking of You

I have a really fun card for you today! This is one that we made at the March Make and Take! I love the wonderful flower shape!


  • Stamps: Sweet Essentials, A Fitting Occasion
  • DSP: Sycamore Street (retired)
  • Card Stock: Rich Razzleberry, Whisper White, Old Olive
  • Ink: Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry
  • Accessories: Floral Frames Framelits, Paper Snips, 1” Circle Punch, 1-1/4” Circle Punch, Stampin’ Dimensionals, 2-Way Glue Pen, Rhinestones


For my flower card I started off with a 4-1/4” x 7-3/4” piece of Rich Razzleberry card stock and scored it at 3-7/8”. Now this part is important! I ran my folded card through my Big Shot with the points of two petals on the second from largest Floral Frames Framelit against the open edge of the card front. You want to have the fold of the card inside the Floral Frames die!!! Otherwise you will have two really pretty flowers instead of one folded card.

Next I cut a piece of Sycamore Street DSP 3-1/4” x 3-1/4” and ran this through the Big Shot with the third from largest Floral Frames Framelit. I adhered this flower onto the center of the card front. Then I cut another piece of DSP 1” x 4-1/4” and adhered it across the middle of the flower. I used Paper Snips to trim the DSP even with the die cut shape of the card stock.


I cut a piece of Whisper White card stock 1/2” x 3-1/2” and stamped the greeting from Sweet Essentials onto the strip in Old Olive ink. I used my Paper Snips to cut the left end of the greeting banner into a dove-tail shape.

I stamped the text circle from A Fitting Occasion onto a scrap of Whisper White card stock in Rich Razzleberry ink and the fleur de lis image in Old Olive ink. I punched this out with my 1” Circle punch. I used my 1-1/4” Circle punch on a scrap of Old Olive card stock then used 2-Way Glue Pen to adhere the stamped circle onto the Old Olive circle. I used 2-Way Glue Pen again to adhere the greeting banner behind the circle. This greeting layer was added onto the card front with a few Stampin’ Dimensionals and a single small rhinestone was added into the fleur de lis image.


That’s it! Super easy and super cute!