Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Widgets

Birthday Poppies

I have been really loving the concept of the triple time stamping technique. If you don’t know what I mean, check out my tutorial HERE. This could also be called spotlighting, but the concept is the same either way. This was one of the cards for the June make and take, and it was a total hit! Take a look.


  • Stamps: Pleasant Poppies, Express Yourself, Label Love
  • Card Stock: Smoky Slate, Crisp Cantaloupe, Whisper White
  • Ink: Stazon, Crisp Cantaloupe, Smoky Slate
  • Markers: Calypso Coral, Crisp Cantaloupe, Pear Pizzaz
  • Accessories: Artisan Label Punch, Modern Label Punch, Rhinestones, 2-Way Glue Pen, Stampin’ Dimensionals


This card is a lot easier than it looks, I promise! I started off with a piece of Smoky Slate card stock cut at 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” and scored it at 4-1/4”. Next I cut a piece of Whisper White card stock 1-3/4” x 5-1/2”. I put about 3 lines of 2-Way Glue Pen on the back of the Whisper White card stock and let the glue dry until it was clear. I adhered the card stock on the card front right where I wanted it. Then I stamped the Pleasant Poppies background stamp onto the card front in Stazon ink.

Next I pulled the Whisper White card stock up off the card front. It’s okay if the paper tears a little bit. It will still be hidden later. If your card stock is stuck down really well, then you didn’t let your 2-Way Glue dry long enough. I colored in the flower stems with my Pear Pizzaz marker. For the flowers I colored in the darkest parts of the flowers with my Calypso Coral marker then I colored over the entire flower with my Crisp Cantaloupe marker. This kind of blends in the darker color so it looks more even. After the ink dried a little I went over the darker areas again with the Crisp Cantaloupe marker to add a little more depth.


I adhered the Whisper White card stock onto a 2” x 5-1/2” piece of Crisp Cantaloupe card stock and permanently adhered this panel onto the card front making sure to line up my flowers on the different layers.

I stamped the “just for you” label onto a scrap of Crisp Cantaloupe card stock in Crisp Cantaloupe ink and punched out the label with the Artisan Label Punch. Next I stamped the greeting from the Express Yourself hostess set onto a scrap of Whisper White card stock in Smoky Slate ink. I punched out the greeting with the Modern Label punch and adhered it on top of the larger label. I added a small rhinestone onto each end of the Modern Label shape and adhered the layered labels onto the card front with a Stampin’ Dimensional.


I just love how pretty and clean this card looks! What do you think?