Monday, August 5, 2013

Widgets

All About the Dots!

This week’s Friday Mashup challenge is all about polka dots. I just love polka dots! I think they are so cute! For my card I went with a monochromatic color scheme with some more subtle polka dots.


  • Stamps: Morning Meadow, Six Sided Sampler
  • Card Stock: Wisteria Wonder, Elegant Eggplant
  • Ink: Wisteria Wonder, Elegant Eggplant
  • Accessories: Hexagon Punch, Pansy Punch, Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, Ovals Framelits, Occasions Piercing Pack, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Smoky Slate Chevron ribbon



Here's your Mashup Challenge:
  1. Create a project with "Polka Dots ".
  2. Create a project using "the Word Happy".
  3. Or Mash it Up and create a project "with Polka Dots & The Word Happy on it ".

I started off with a piece of Wisteria Wonder card stock cut at 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” and scored it at 4-1/4”. Next I cut a piece of Elegant Eggplant card stock 4” x 5-1/4” and ran it through the Big Shot in the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder then adhered this layer onto the card front.

I stamped the image from Six-Sided Sampler onto a scrap of Wisteria Wonder card stock five times and punched the shapes out with the hexagon punch. I adhered the three on the left onto the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals. The two hexagons closer to the center were adhered onto the card front with Anywhere Glue Stick.


I stamped the flourish shape from Morning Meadow onto a scrap of Whisper White card stock in Wisteria Wonder ink. Then I added the greeting into the center of the frame with Elegant Eggplant ink. I cut out the image with the fourth from smallest Ovals Framelits then used the Paper-Piercing Tool, Stampin’ Pierce Mat, and Occassions Piercing Pack to add the pierced holes around the edge. I added a small Rhinestone on either side of the greeting the adhered the label onto the card front with a few Stampin’ Dimensionals.


Next I wrapped a piece of Smoky Slate Chevron ribbon around the card and tied it into a knot. To finish it off I stamped the flower from Morning Meadow onto a scrap of Wisteria Wonder card stock in Elegant Eggplant ink. This was quickly punched out with the Pansy punch, a large Rhinestone added into the center, and adhered onto the card with a Stampin’ Dimensional.


Simple and fun! I think I just the right person to give this very purple birthday card to!