Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Widgets

Razzleberry Butterflies

This fun card was from the April Make and Take. I cased the layout of this card and the idea for the butterflies for someone else’s card online. I don’t remember where from. If I find it again I will updated this post with the link. But here it is anyway!


  • Stamps: Curly Cute (retired)
  • DSP: Floral District (retired)
  • Card Stock: Whisper White, Rich Razzleberry
  • Ink: Rich Razzleberry
  • Accessories: Delicate Butterfly Punch, Bitty Butterfly Punch, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Fancy Fan embossing folder, Dazzling Details, Multipurpose Liquid Adhesive


For the card base I started with a 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” piece of Whisper White card stock and scored it at 4-1/4”. Next I cut a piece of Floral District DSP 2-3/4” x 5” and adhered it onto a 3” x 5-1/4” piece of Rich Razzleberry card stock. I adhered this onto the top of the card front.

I stamped the greeting from Curly Cute onto the bottom of the card front in Rich Razzleberry ink.


Now for the fun part… I cut a piece of Whisper White card stock 2-1/4” x 4-1/2”. I used the Delicate Butterfly Punch to punch out two butterflies in the card stock. Then I ran this piece through the Big Shot in the Fancy Fan embossing folder. I adhered this panel onto the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.

Next I punched two small butterflies from a scrap of Rich Razzleberry card stock with the Bitty Butterfly punch. I adhered these inside the punched out delicate butterflies with Multipurpose Liquid Adhesive.


For the center most butterfly I used the Delicate Butterfly punch on a scrap of Rich Razzleberry card stock and the Bitty Butterfly punch on a scrap of Whisper White card stock. I adhered the two butterflies together and then onto the card front with Multipurpose Liquid Adhesive. Finally, just to add a little bit of glitz I added some Dazzling Details into the center of all the butterflies.


This card is so easy and I love the impact of the DSP showing through the punched card stock!