Monday, October 29, 2012

Widgets

Witchy Owl Pillow Box

Halloween is right around the corner so I thought it would be cute to decorate a pillow box to fill with spooky treats.


  • Stamps: None!
  • DSP: Howlstooth and Scaringbone, Rich Razzleberry stripes, Sahara Sand stripes
  • Card Stock: Basic Black, Basic Gray, Soft Suede, Lucky Limeade, Whisper White, Rich Razzleberry
  • Ink: None!
  • Accessories: Pillow Box Die, 1-1/4” Square Punch, Striped Satin Ribbon, Oval Punch, Pennant Punch, Owl Punch, 2-Way Glue Pen, Sticky Strip, Paper Snips, Stampin’ Dimensionals
I started off with a 4-3/4” x 5-1/2” piece of Basic Black card stock that I ran through the Big Shot on my Pillow Box die. Next I cut a piece of Howlstooth and Scaringbone DSP 2-1/2” x 4-3/4”. I adhered this in the center of the pillow box shape and folded on all the score lines. I applied Sticky Strip just to the narrow tab in the middle and adhered it behind the other side to form a tube. Then I folded in the end flaps and tied a piece of Striped Satin ribbon around it to hold the box closed.

I punched the Owl from Basic Gray card stock, the large eyes from Whisper White, the medium eyes from Lucky Limeade, and the small eyes from Basic Black. The belly was punched from Rich Razzleberry striped DSP. I used the Large Oval punch and the Petite Pennants Builder punch for the witch’s hat. I adhered all the owl pieces and hat pieces together with 2-Way Glue Pen. I cut a scrap of Rich Razzleberry card stock down to 1/8” wide and adhered it onto the pointy part of the witch hat for a hat band and used Paper Snips to trim the card stock strip even with the edges of the hat.

Now for the broom. I cut a piece of Soft Suede card stock 1/2” x 3”. I used the 1-1/4” Square Punch on a piece of Sahara Sand striped DSP. Next I  used Paper Snips and cut the Sahara Sand DSP about 3/4” the way up all along the length to make fringe. I adhered the solid end of the DSP onto the end of the Soft Suede strip and wrapped it around the strip until I got to the end of the Sahara Sand square. Then just adhered the end in place. I used a scrap of Lucky Limeade card stock and cut off a 1/8” wide strip and adhered it around the top of the broom bristles for a band. Now just fluff out the fringe and adhere the broom under the owl. I adhered the owl onto the pillow box by putting 1/2 a Stampin’ Dimensional behind the band on the broom and one dimensional on the owl’s bottom. Remove the Stampin' Dimensionals liner and stick your witchy owl on the box.  You’re done!


So stinkin’ cute! Although this one took a little longer it was definitely a hit at the Make and Take! What do you think?