Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Widgets

Christmas Sparkle Friday Mashup 81

I’m a late getting this posted, but better late than never right? I’ve got Christmas on the brain lately and this challenge was so much fun! I combined the Fab Friday color challenge with the Friday Mashup 81 challenge to create this beauty.


  • Stamps: Ornament Keepsakes, More Merry Messages
  • Card Stock: Island Indigo, Summer Starfruit, Whisper White
  • Ink: Summer Starfruit, Midnight Muse
  • Accessories: Glimmer Paper, Holiday Ornaments Framelits, Delicate Designs, Large Scallop Edgelit, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Silver Glimmer Paper


So here is the "Mashup" Challenge:
  1. Make a project with a "Christmas Ornament".
  2. Or Make a project with some "Sparkle".
  3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a "Christmas Project with some Sparkle".

 

I started off by cutting a piece of Island Indigo card stock 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” and scored it at 4-1/4”. Then I ran the card stock through the Big Shot with the Large Scallop Edgelit to cut the lovely scallops. Then I ran the card stock through the Big Shot again but this time with the Delicate Designs embossing folder to add the embossed pattern.

Next I cut a piece of Whisper White card stock. 2-1/2” x 5-1/2”. I stamped the ornament from Ornament Keepsakes three times onto the Whisper White card stock in Summer Starfruit ink.  I stamped another ornament on a scrap of Whisper White card stock in Midnight Muse ink.  I also stamped the greeting from More Merry Messages onto the bottom of the Whisper White strip in Island Indigo ink.  I adhered the stamped Whisper White card stock onto a 2-5/8” x 5-1/2” piece of Summer Starfruit card stock and adhered this onto the card front.

I ran the Island Indigo ornament through the Big Shot with the Holiday Ornaments framelit to cut out the ornament. I adhered the ornament on top of the stamped Whisper White card stock with a couple Stampin’ Dimensionals. Next I cut two strips of Silver Glimmer Paper 1/4” x 3”. I adhered one on top of the bottom Summer Starfruit ornament and the second behind the Island Indigo ornament. I used Paper Snips to trim off any Glimmer Paper that extended past the end of the card. Just to add a little more sparkle I cut a piece of Silver Glimmer Paper 1/2” x 2-1/2” and adhered it just above the greeting on the Whisper White panel.

I love how simple this is and the non-traditional colors! What do you think? 


Linked up to this challenge:
Fab Friday 04