Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Widgets

Fall Thank You

This card is very similar to the one I posted a couple weeks ago. I wanted to show my guests an easier version of the Triple Time Stamping technique. This one was just with two layers instead of three.
  

  • Stamps: French Foliage, Blooming with Kindness
  • Card Stock: Old Olive, Very Vanilla
  • Ink: Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, Cajun Craze, Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso, Versamark
  • Accessories: 2-Way Glue Pen, Early Espresso Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon ribbon, Gold embossing powder, Embossing Buddy, Heat Tool, Sponge Dauber, Corner Rounder Punch


I started off by cutting a piece of Old Olive card stock 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” and scored it at 4-1/4”. Next I used the Corner Rounder Punch on to top and bottom right corners. Next I cut a piece of Very Vanilla card stock 2-1/4” x 5-1/2” and another Very Vanilla 2” x 5-1/2”. I set aside the wider piece for later. Using the 2” wide Very Vanilla card stock I sponged on Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, and Cajun Craze ink just like I did in the video HERE. Next I stamped the En Francais background stamp onto the card stock in Cherry Cobbler ink.

I flipped over my sponged card stock and applied about four lines of 2-Way Glue Pen onto the back and allowed the glue to dry until it was clear. I adhered the panel onto the left side of the card front. Then I inked up my leaf images with Early Espresso ink and stamped all over the sponged card stock and made sure that the leaves extended onto the Old Olive card front. Then I removed the sponged card stock and adhered it onto the 2-1/4” wide piece of Very Vanilla card stock with Anywhere Glue Stick.


I wrapped a piece of Early Espresso Stitched Grosgrain ribbon around the panel and tied it into a knot then adhered the panel onto the card front making sure to line up the leaf images that extend onto the card base. I stamped the greeting from Blooming with Kindness onto the bottom right corner of the card front in Versamark ink, covered the stamped image with Gold embossing powder, tapped off the excess, and heated it with the heat tool until it was shiny.


This really was an easy wow card for the ladies at the Make and Take. They all loved it! What do you think? Have you tried any variation of the Triple Time Stamping technique?