Thursday, October 25, 2012

Widgets

Jack O Lanterns!

Good morning everyone! It’s getting closer and closer to Halloween so I thought I would share with you a Halloween card that I made for someone special. Take a look!


  • Stamps: Jack of All Trades, Delightful Dozen
  • DSP: Howlstooth and Scaringbone
  • Card Stock: More Mustard, Basic Black, Very Vanilla
  • Ink: Pumpkin Pie, Cajun Craze, Basic Black, Gumball Green
  • Accessories: Paper Snips, Gumball Green marker, Spider Web embossing folder, Dazzling Details, Stamping Sponge, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Striped Satin ribbon


I started off with a piece of More Mustard card stock cut at 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” and scored it at 4-1/4”. I cut a piece of Howlstooth and Scaringbone DSP 2” x 5-1/2”. I adhered this onto a 2-1/4” x 5-1/2” piece of Basic Black card stock. I placed this on top of the card front and stamped the greeting from Delightful Dozen onto the card front above the panel in Basic Black ink. I set aside the DSP panel and ran the card front through the Big Shot in the Spider Web embossing folder.


Next I adhered the DSP panel onto the card front and wrapped a piece of Striped Satin ribbon around the card front and tied it into a knot. I stamped the pumpkin images from Jack of All Trades onto a scrap of Very Vanilla card stock in Pumpkin Pie ink. I stamped the faces onto the pumpkins in Basic Black in and the stems in Gumball Green ink. I didn’t get the stems all the way against the top of the pumpkin so I used my Gumball Green marker to fill in the bottom of the stem. Then I cut out the jack-o-lanterns with Paper Snips and adhered them onto the card front with a couple Stampin’ Dimensionals.


To make the spider web stand out more I added some Dazzling Details onto the raised texture. This really makes the web stand out. Not to mention I just like adding sparkle to my cards!

So what do you think?