Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Widgets

Blooming Thank You

Good morning everyone! I have the first card from the September Make and Take for you! This one features the stamp set Blooming with Kindness.


  • Stamps: Blooming with Kindness, Distressed Dots, Lovely and Lacy
  • Card Stock: Whisper White, Raspberry Ripple
  • Ink: Crumb Cake, Raspberry Ripple
  • Accessories: Large Scallop edgelit, Delicate Designs embossing folders, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Raspberry Ripple Stitched Satin ribbon, Dazzling Diamonds, Crystal Effects


For this card I started off with a piece of Whisper White card stock cut at 5-1/2” x 7-1/4” and scored it at 4-1/4”. I stamped the Distressed Dots background stamp onto the card front in Crumb Cake ink. Next I cut a piece of Raspberry Ripple card stock 4-1/4” x 5-1/4”. I ran the Raspberry Ripple piece through the Big Shot with the Large Scallop edgelit and then ran it through the Big Shot again with the Delicate Designs embossing folder. I adhered this behind the Whisper White card front.  I wrapped a piece of Raspberry Ripple ribbon around the card front and tied it into a knot.

Then I cut a piece of Whisper White card stock 2-3/4” x 2-3/4” and stamped the flower from Blooming with Kindness onto the card stock in Crumb Cake ink. The greeting from Lovely and Lacy was stamped on top of the flower in Raspberry Ripple ink. I adhered this piece onto a 2-7/8” x 2-7/8” Raspberry Ripple card stock. I used Crystal Effects to add some Dazzling Diamonds glitter onto some of the flower petals just to add some sparkle. This piece was adhered onto the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.


I just love the little bit of sparkle added to the flower. But I always like sparkle so that’s not a big surprise.

What do you think?