Friday, October 26, 2012

Widgets

Happy Halloween Friday Mashup 82!

Yay! It’s Friday! That means there is another fun Friday Mashup challenge to play along with. I have a fun Halloween card to share with you today! Take a look:


  • Stamps: Seasonal Sayings, Out on a Limb (retired), Wicked Cool
  • DSP: Howlstooth and Scaringbone
  • Card Stock: Basic Gray, Basic Black, Very Vanilla
  • Ink: Black Stazon, Versamark, Basic Gray
  • Markers: Crumb Cake, Rich Razzleberry, Lucky Limeade, Daffodil Delight, Pink Pirouette, Blender Pen, Pumpkin Pie
  • Accessories: 2-1/2” Circle Punch, Paper Snips, Black Embossing powder, Embossing Buddy, Heat Tool, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Silver Glimmer Paper, Crystal Effects, Dazzling Diamonds glitter, Stampin’ Sponge, paper towel, plastic container, bleach


So here is the "Mashup" Challenge:
  1. Make a project with a "Witch".
  2. Or Make a project using "Bleach".
  3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a project with a "Witch using a Bleach Technique".


I had so much fun adding details to this card! I started off with a piece of Basic Gray card stock cut 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” and scored it at 4-1/4”. Next I folded up a paper towel and placed it inside a plastic container. Then I dribbled a little bit of bleach onto the paper towel. You don’t really need a whole lot for this. I tapped the bats stamp from Wicked Cool into the bleach soaked paper towel and stamped the image onto the card stock. I just kept stamping using the bleach as my ink until the entire card front was covered with splotchy bats.

Next I cut a piece of Howlstooth and Scaringbone polka-dot DSP 1” x 5-1/2” and adhered it onto a 1-1/2” x 5-1/2” piece of striped DSP. This was adhered onto the card front. For the greeting I stamped the image from Seasonal Saying into the bottom left hand corner of the card front in Versamark ink. I covered the stamped image with Black embossing powder, tapped off the excess, and heated it with my Heat Tool until the image was shiny. I sponged around the edge of the entire card front with Basic Gray ink to make the edges look shadowy.


I cut a piece of Basic Black card stock 1-1/2” x 4” and used Paper Snips to cut one end into a dove-tail shape. Now for the witch. I stamped the moon from Out on a Limb onto a scrap of Very Vanilla card stock and stamped the broom well below the moon in Black Stazon ink. I punched this out with the 2-1/2” Circle Punch. I stamped the lovely witch on another scrap of Very Vanilla card stock in Black Stazon in. To color in the witch’s face and hands I colored my Pink Pirouette marker onto a stamp block and picked up just a little bit of color with a Blender Pen to add the color to the stamped image. I also used this technique to color in the witch’s hair with Daffodil Delight and the moon with a combination of Daffodil Delight and Pumpkin Pie.


The witch’s stockings were colored in with Rich Razzleberry and Lucky Limeade. I also used Rich Razzleberry on the inside of her hat. I colored in the broom with Crumb Cake and the bands on the broom with Lucky Limeade. Then I used Paper Snips to very carefully cut out the witch. I used 2-Way Glue Pen to adhere a 1/8” wide strip of Silver Glimmer Paper onto her hat and trimmed the strip even with the edges of the hat. I glued the witch onto her broom with 2-Way Glue Pen. I adhered the circle that the witch is on onto the top of the Basic Black pendant. The pendant was adhered onto the card front with a few Stampin’ Dimensionals.


Now for the fun part! I made it look like the witch was casting a spell by applying Crystal Effects in swirls on the card front and covered it with Dazzling Diamonds glitter. After making the card I realized that you could do the same thing with Dazzling Details if you want. But I love how this turned out!

If you have a chance head on over to the Friday Mashup and play along!