Friday, October 5, 2012

Widgets

Thank You Friday Mashup 79!

Good morning everyone! It’s Friday and you know what that means…Friday Mashup Challenge! But first take a look at the card I made.


  • Stamps: Four Seasons (Hostess), Itty Bitty Banners
  • Card Stock: Whisper White, Marina Mist, Lucky Limeade, Gumball Green
  • Ink: Pacific Point, Gumball Green, Lucky Limeade
  • Accessories: Bitty Banners Framelits, 2-3/4” Scalloped Circle Punch, Glimmer Paper, Argyle embossing folder, Fancy Fan embossing folder, Silver Glimmer Paper, Stampin’ Dimensionals, 3/4” Circle punch


o here is the "Mashup" Challenge:
  1. Make a project with the colors "Pacific Point, Marina Mist, Gumball Green, and Lucky Limeade".
  2. Or Make a project using "Rectangles".
  3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a project with the "Color Combination and Rectangles".

I guess I failed at the Mashup challenge! I had a really hard time with the color combo and focused so much on that and using the SCCSC139 sketch from Stampin’ Connection that I completely forgot about the second half of the challenge. The card base itself is a rectangle… Oh well!


Here is the sketch that was created  by Liz Goldhawk:


This sketch had a log going on in the background, so I wanted to use more of a tone on tone look and just stuck with white for the background. I started off with a piece of Whisper White card stock cut at 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” and scored at 4-1/4”. Next I cut a piece of Whisper White card stock 4-1/2” x 8-1/2”. I randomly cut several triangle shapes from this piece of card stock. Then I ran each of the triangle pieces through either the Argyle or the Fancy Fan embossing folder. I adhered the textured triangles alternating patterns until the card front was completely covered and then some! Then I used Paper Snips to trim along the edges of the card base to cut the strips even with the bottom piece of card stock.

Next I cut a piece of Lucky Limeade card stock 2” x 4-1/4”. Then cut a piece of Gumball Green card stock 1” x 4-1/4” and finally a piece of Silver Glimmer Paper 1/4” x 4-1/4”. I adhered all of these strips together and then used my Paper Snips to cut the dove-tail in the bottom of the pendant shape. I adhered this layer onto the card front with a few Stampin’ Dimensionals.

I’ve had the Four Seasons stamp set for quite some time now, and it had not seen any ink yet, so I pulled it out to finish up this card. I stamped the fall image onto a scrap of Marina Mist card stock in Pacific Point ink. I stamped the image again onto a scrap of Whisper White card stock in Lucky Limeade ink. I punched out the Pacific Point image with the 2-3/4” Scalloped Circle punch. I punched just the center out of the Lucky Limeade image with the 3/4” Circle Punch. The two layers were adhered together with a Stampin’ Dimensional then a couple more dimensionals were used to adhere the circle onto the pendant.  


I stamped the greeting from Itty Bitty Banners onto a scrap of Whisper White card stock in Gumball Green and ran it through the big shot with the Bitty Banners Framelit to cut out the shape. I cut a dimensional in half and used both halves to adhere the banner onto the bottom of the scalloped circle.
 Lots of layers, and lots of texture, but also lots of fun!

What do you think?