Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Widgets

Oh Happy Day!

I have another card from the April Make and Take to share with you today. I was trying to use up some of my River Rock card stock since it’s one of the now retired colors. So I came up with this card. I find River Rock a very difficult color to use, but I really like how this one came out.


  • Stamps: En Francais, Friendly Phrases (retired), Secret Garden
  • Card Stock: Very Vanilla, Soft Suede, River Rock (retired), Pretty in Pink (retired), Lucky Limeade (retired)
  • Ink: Rose Red, Soft Suede, Lucky Limeade
  • Accessories: Chevron embossing folder, Stampin’ Sponge, Large Pearls, Secret Garden Framelits, Pretty in Pink Marker, Bashful Blue 1/4” Grosgrain Ribbon, Stampin’ Dimensionals


I started off with a 4-1/4” x 11” piece of River Rock card stock and scored it at 5-1/2”. I stamped the En Francais background image onto the card in Soft Suede ink then used a Stampin’ Sponge to sponge Soft Suede ink around the edges of the card.

I cut a piece of Very Vanilla card stock 2-3/8” x 4-3/8” and stamped the greeting from Friendly Phrases onto the bottom of the card stock. I put the card stock into the Chevron embossing folder starting just above the greeting and ran it through the Big Shot to add that fabulous chevron texture. I adhered this layer onto a 2-1/2” x 4-1/2” piece of Soft Suede card stock. I wrapped a piece of 1/4” wide Bashful Blue Grosgrain Ribbon around the card stock just above the greeting and tied it into a knot then adhered this layer onto the card front.


I stamped the flower outline onto a scrap of Pretty in Pink card stock in Rose Red ink then colored in portions of the flower with my Pretty in Pink marker. I stamped the leaf image onto a scrap of Lucky Limeade card stock in Lucky Limeade ink. I cut out both images in the Big Shot with the Secret Garden framelits. I adhered the leaf behind the flower, added a large pearl into the center of the flower, and adhered the flower onto the card front with a couple Stampin’ Dimensionals.


I am really going to miss the Friendly Phrases stamp set! It was my go to stamp set for a variety of pretty greetings.