Monday, October 7, 2013

Widgets

Magnificent Maple!

It's Monday, but I have a Friday Mashup challenge for you! I'm a bit late getting this one posted. This one was fun!


  • Stamps: Magnificent Maple, Express Yourself
  • DSP: Sweater Weather
  • Card Stock: Soft Sky, Whisper White, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive
  • Ink: Cajun Craze, Always Artichoke, Early Espresso
  • Accessories: Crumb Cake Taffeta Ribbon, Linen Thread, Champagne Glimmer Paper, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Paper Snips, Scallop Edge Border Punch, Stampin’ Sponge, Labels Framelits, 2-Way Glue Pen, Glue Dots





Here's your Mashup Challenge:
  1. Create a project with "Ripped paper."
  2. Create a project with a "a fussy cut image." (Cut something out)
  3. Or Mash it Up and create a project "with some Ripped paper & something Fussy Cut."

I started off by cutting a piece of Soft Sky card stock 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” and scoring it at 4-1/4”. Next I cut a piece of Sweater Weather DSP 3-1/2” x 4-3/4” and adhered it onto the card front. I cut a piece of the blue pattern Sweater Weather DSP 4” x 4-1/2” and ran it through the Big Shot with the third from largest Labels Framelit. I adhered the label onto a 3” x 4-1/4” piece of Whisper White card stock and used Paper Snips to trim the label even with the edge of the Whisper White card stock before adhering it onto the card front. I stamped the greeting from Express Yourself onto the bottom of the label in Early Espresso ink.

Next I cut a piece of Champagne Glimmer Paper 3/4” x 5-1/2” and punched one long edge with the Scallop Edge Border punch. I also cut a strip of Sweater Weather DSP 1/4” x 5-1/2”. I adhered the two strips onto the left side of the card front with some 2-Way Glue Pen.


I stamped the Magnificent Maple image onto Pumpkin Pie card stock in Cajun Craze ink and sponge a little more Cajun Craze ink around the edges of the leaf. I stamped the leaf again onto Old Olive card stock in Always Artichoke ink and sponged more Always Artichoke around the edges. Then I used Paper Snips to fussy cut both leaves out. I used my fingers to curl the edges of the leaves a bit and adhered them onto the card front with a few Stampin’ Dimensionals to pop them up.


To finish it off I tied a bow with some Crumb Cake Taffeta Ribbon. Then I took two pieces of Linen Thread, tied it around the center of the bow in a knot, and then tied it into a bow. The bow was adhered onto the card front with a few Glue Dots. 


For the inside I stamped the Magnificent Maple leaf several times in Early Espresso ink. I also added a couple 1/4" x 4" DSP and Champagne Glimmer Paper scraps onto the bottom.