Thursday, October 31, 2013

Widgets

Merry Christmas!

I have had the idea for this card bouncing around in my head for the last two weeks! But I couldn't manage to get into my craft room long enough to make it until last night. Yes, it's been two weeks since I've made a card. Gasp! I know.... it's just terrible! I have had a moment here or there to work some on Christmas gifts, but you can't see those until after Christmas. 


  • Stamps: Very Merry, Endless Wishes photopolymer
  • Card Stock: Coastal Cabana, Whisper White, Pool Party Coredinations
  • Ink: Pool Party, Coastal Cabana, Midnight Muse
  • Accessories: Mosaic Punch, Large Oval Punch, Silver Glimmer Paper, Rhinestones, Stampin' Dimensionals, Pretty Print embossing folder, Silver 1/8" Ribbon, Glue Dot, Sanding Block


I created this card for the Craft Project Central Creating Pretty Cards challenge #28. Today is the deadline for it so I'm just barely squeaking by on this one! Take a look at the other wonderful cards that were entered! 

This card was pretty simple to put together. I wasn't entirely feeling the mojo last night so I just stuck with the first card front piece that I found on my desk and stuck with a monochromatic look. So if you want to recreate this start off by cutting a piece of Coastal Cabana card stock 4-1/4" x 11" and score it at 5-1/2". Next cut a piece of Pool Party coredinations card stock 3-3/4" x 5" and run it through the Big Shot in the Pretty Print embossing folder. Use the Sanding Block to sand off some of the raised texture then adhere this onto a 4" x 5-1/4" piece of Whisper White. Then adhere this onto the card front. 

Next cut three strips of Silver Glimmer paper 1/8" x 3-3/4" and use 2-Way Glue Pen to adhere the strips evenly across the card front. Next stamp the image from Very Merry onto a scrap of Whisper White card stock in Coastal Cabana ink three times. Punch out each ornament with the Mosaic punch and adhere them onto the card front with a Stampin' Dimensional. Add a small Rhinestone into the center of each ornament. Next tie a small bow in the 1/8" Silver ribbon and use a Glue Dot to adhere it just above the middle ornament. 

For the greeting I stamped the "Merry" in Coastal Cabana ink, the "Christmas" in Midnight Muse ink, and the snowflakes in Pool Party ink. I just love these Photopolymer stamps! It is so easy to get the stamp in exactly the right spot! Love it! Anyway, after I got all my stamping for my greeting done I punched it out with the Large Oval punch. I also used the Large Oval punch on a scrap of Coastal Cabana card stock. I used some Paper Snips to cut the oval in half and adhered the two halves behind the greeting oval. This was finally adhered onto the card front with a Stampin' Dimensional. 

Done! A fun and simple Christmas card all ready to go!