Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Widgets

Floating Away

Good morning everyone! Today I have a fun card to share with you that uses the Up, Up and Away stamp set that is sadly retired. This card uses the SCCSC156 sketch challenge on Stampin’ Connection. Take a look!


  • Stamps: Up, Up & Away (retired) , Pretty Petites (retired)
  • DSP: Sycamore Street (retired)
  • Card Stock: Baja Breeze (retired), Island Indigo, Lucky Limeade (retired)
  • Ink: Stazon, Lucky Limeade, Tangerine Tango, Island Indigo
  • Markers: Sahara Sand, Pool Party, Summer Starfruit, Tangerine Tango, Lucky Limeade, Island Indigo
  • Accessories: Paper Piercing Tool, Stampin’ Pierce Mat, Essentials Piercing Pack, Paper Snips, Cloudy Day Embossing Folder, Curly Label Punch, Petite Label Punch, Stampin’ Dimensionals


I started off by cutting a piece of Baja Breeze card stock 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” and scored it at 4-1/4”. Next I cut a piece of Whisper White card stock 4” x 5-1/4” and ran it through the Big Shot in the Cloudy Day embossing folder. I adhered this layer onto the card front.


Next I cut a piece of Sycamore Street DSP 1” x 5-1/2” and adhered it onto the card front. I also added a 1/4” x 5-1/2” piece of Island Indigo card stock on top of the DSP strip. Then I stamped the greeting from Pretty Petites onto a scrap of Whisper White card stock in Island Indigo ink and punched it out with the Petite Label Punch. I used my Curly Label punch on a scrap of Lucky Limeade card stock and adhered the greeting label onto the Lucky Limeade Label. I used my Stampin’ Pierce Mat, Paper-Piercing Tool, and Essentials Piercing Pack to add the pierced holes to the Label. The label was adhered onto the card front with a Stampin’ Dimensional.


I stamped the balloons and baskets onto a scrap of Whisper White card stock in the three ink colors and Stazon. Then I took my markers and added some more color to the white spaces in the balloons. I cut out each of the balloons with Paper Snips and added them onto the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.


Now it looks like these fun balloons are floating away off into the distance!