Friday, September 6, 2013

Widgets

Minis!

It’s Friday again! That means it’s time for the Friday Mashup again! This week Holly is challenging us to make some little note cards! Or mini cards as I like to call them!


  • Stamps: Label Something
  • Card stock: Pool Party, Crumb Cake, Tempting Turquoise, Rich Razzleberry, Whisper White
  • Ink: Crumb Cake, Calypso Coral, Tempting Turquoise, Rich Razzleberry, Night of Navy
  • Accessories: Paper Piercer, Stampin’ Pierce Mat, Festive Piercing Pack, Essentials Piercing Pack, This & That Washi Tape, Gingham Garden Washi Tape, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Artisan Label Punch, Ticket Punch, 7/8” Scalloped Circle Punch,  Paper Snips


Photo: Laura's Crafty Life

Here's your Mashup Challenge:
  1. Create a project with "Washi Tape."
  2. Create a "set of 3x3 Quick Note Cards."
  3. Or Mash it Up and create a "Set of 3x3 Note Cards using some Washi Tape".

I really wanted to use up some of the scraps on my table so that’s why none of these really match. I started off by cutting the card base at 3” x 6” from Pool Party, Crumb Cake, Rich Razzleberry, and Tempting Turquoise card stock then scored them at 3”. Next I cut four pieces of Whisper White card stock 2-3/4” x 2-3/4”.

For the Thank You note I ran a single piece of Gingham Garden Washi Tape at a diagonal and used Paper Snips to cut off the tape that extended past the card stock. Then I used the Essentials Piercing Pack, Stampin’ Pierce Mat, and Paper Piercing Tool to pierce the corners. This panel was adhered onto the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.  For the greeting I stamped the Thank You twice in Rich Razzleberry ink. Once onto Rich Razzleberry card stock which was punched out with the 7/8” Scalloped Circle punch, then once on Whisper White card stock. I used Paper Snips to cut out the circle on the white card stock and adhered it on top of the Rich Razzleberry scalloped circle with a Stampin’ Dimensional. Then adhered the scalloped circle onto the note card front with a Stampin’ Dimensional.


For the happy Birthday note card I added random strips of This & That Washi Tape onto the Whisper White card stock and adhered it onto the card front. I stamped the Happy Birthday label in Tempting Turquoise ink onto a scrap of Tempting Turquoise card stock and cut it out with the Artisan Label punch. I stamped the image again onto a scrap of Whisper White card stock in Calypso Coral ink and cut out the center oval with Paper Snips. This was adhered onto the turquoise label, then the label was adhered onto the card front with a Stampin’ Dimensional.


For the Hello note card I added three strips of This & That Washi Tape onto the Whisper White card stock and adhered the layer onto the card front. I stamped the Hello image onto a scrap of Whisper White card stock in Calypso Coral ink and punched it out with the Ticket punch. I punched out another large ticket from a scrap of Crumb Cake card stock, used Paper Snips to cut the ticket in half and adhered it behind the Hello ticket to give it a mat. I added a single medium Rhinestone onto the ticket then adhered it onto the note card front with a Stampin’ Dimensional.


Finally for the hexagon note card I add one strip of Gingham Garden Washi Tape across the center. Then I used the Festive Piercing Pack, Paper Piercing Tool, and Stampin’ Pierce Mat to pierce the two label shapes into the card stock. I adhered this onto the card front with a few Stampin’ Dimensionals. I stamped the hexagon shape onto a scrap of Pool Party card stock in Night of Navy ink, punched it out with the Hexagon punch, and adhered it onto the note card with a Stampin’ Dimensional.


These were so much fun to whip together! It seriously took me about 15 minutes to make all four of these and I got to use up some scraps from my table! Thanks for this fun challenge Holly!

Head on over to the Friday Mashup to see what the rest of the design team created!