Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Widgets

Almost an Artisan Entry

When I was creating my projects for my Artisan Contest entry I made about 8 different cards. I had so many ideas that I wanted to try. It was just days before I had to ship everything out that I chose the 5 cards to send. Well, this is one of the cards that I decided to hold onto. It just wasn't as nice as the others I had made. So I thought that I would share it with you now!


  • Stamps: Woodgrain, Sweet Essentials
  • DSP: Wisteria Wonder, Silver Glimmer Paper
  • Card Stock: Very Vanilla, Perfect Plum, Elegant Eggplant
  • Ink: Illuminate Versamark, Elegant Eggplant
  • Accessories: Rhinestones, Labels Framelits, Festive Piercing Pack, Paper-Piercing Tool, Stampin’ Pierce Mat, Paper Snips, Stampin’ Dimensionals, 3/16” Corner Punch


I started off by cutting a piece of Very Vanilla card stock 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” and score it at 4-1/4”. I used the 3/16” Corner punch on all of the outside corners of the card stock (not on the fold). Next I cut a piece of Perfect Plum card stock 4-1/2 x 5-1/2 and ran it through the Big Shot with the largest Labels Framelit. I stamped the Woodgrain background image onto the Perfect Plum label in Illuminate Versamark ink. You can see the shimmery woodgrain a lot better in real life.


I adhered the label onto the left side of the card front and used Paper Snips to trim off the portion of the label that extended past the fold of the card. Next I used my Paper-Piercing Tool, Stampin’ Pierce Mat, and Festive Piercing Pack to pierce holes around both the inside and the outside of the label. The piercing around the label really adds a fun little detail to the card.

Next I cut a piece of Wisteria Wonder DSP 1” x 3-3/4”. I stamped the greeting from Sweet Essentials onto the right side of the DSP in Elegant Eggplant ink then used Paper Snips to cut the greeting end into a dove-tail shape. I put Anywhere Glue Stick on the straight end of the banner, and a Stampin’ Dimensional on the dove-tail end of the banner then adhered the banner onto the card front.


Next I cut a piece of Elegant Eggplant card stock 1” x 5-1/2” and a piece of Silver Glimmer Paper 3/8” x 5-1/2”. I adhered the Glimmer Paper onto the Elegant Eggplant strip, then adhered that layer onto the card front. Since there just wasn’t enough glimmer yet, I added three Rhinestones onto the left end of the banner.

That completes this fun, yet simple card!