Friday, September 20, 2013

Widgets

Fall Pumpkins

It’s Friday again! This week we are going with a fun fall theme! I have been cleaning and reorganizing my craft room quite a bit lately. I’m not exactly sure that the process of cleaning and reorganizing ever ends, but I have pulled out several retired clear mount stamp sets that I could stand to part with. I gotta make more room on my shelf for new goodies you know. Anyway I came across this Cottage Window stamp set that I never used. As in brand new! It was never inked and didn’t even have the sticker on the back. So terrible I know! So I pulled it out to use on this card and it is just so cute! Now it has to go back on my stamp shelf.


  • Stamps: Gorgeous Grunge, Express Yourself, Woodgrain, Cottage Window
  • Card Stock: Very Vanilla, Baked Brown Sugar, Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Soft Sky
  • Ink: Soft Sky, Early Espresso, Whisper White Craft, Jet Black Stazon
  • Markers: Pumpkin Pie, Crushed Curry, Early Espresso, Blender Pen
  • Accessories: Dotted Scallop Ribbon Punch, Stripes embossing folder, Burlap ribbon, Paper Snips, craft knife, Stampin’ Dimensionals


Here's your Mashup Challenge:
  1. Create a project with a "Fall/Harvest Food Theme (Preserves, Apples, Pumpkins etc.)."
  2. Create a project using "Paper Piecing."
  3. Or Mash it Up and create a "Fall Food themed project with some Paper Piecing "

For this fun fall card I started off by cutting a piece of Soft Sky card stock 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” and scored it at 4-1/4”. I stamped all over the card front with the small spots image from Gorgeous Grunge in Soft Sky ink to add some interest to the background.

Next I  cut a piece of Crumb Cake card stock 3” x 4-1/4” and stamped it with the Woodgrain background stamp in Early Espresso ink. I ran this piece through the Big Shot in the Stripes folder so that the stripes are going the same direction as the wood grain. Next I took my Whisper White craft pad and ran it across the card stock then used a paper towel to lightly wipe some of the thicker areas of ink off. This made the wood grain look like an old weathered wall. I adhered this onto a 3-1/8” x 4-1/4” piece of Very Vanilla card stock.  

Then I used the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Punch twice on a scrap of Early Espresso card stock. I cut the Early Espresso border down to 4-1/4” and adhered half of each ribbon behind each side of the panel with 2-Way Glue Pen.  I cut a piece of the fabulous new Burlap Ribbon about 6” long. I used Paper Snips to cut one end into a dove-tail shape then pulled out the horizontal threads to make the end more frayed. I used a few Glue Dots to adhere the other end of the ribbon onto the backside of the card stock panel and added one Glue Dot close to the dove-tail end and adhered that down onto the card stock to keep it from moving around.


Now for that adorable cottage window! I stamped the cottage window frame once on Very Vanilla card stock and once on Baked Brown Sugar card stock in Jet Black Stazon ink. I used paper Snips to cut around the Baked Brown Sugar window and used a craft knife to carefully cut out the pane openings in the window. Next I stamped the branch and spider inside the Very Vanilla window with Jet Black Stazon ink and stamped the Pumpkins onto the card stock in Cajun Craze ink. Then I used my Crushed Curry and Pumpkin Pie markers to color in the leaves, Pumpkin Pie and Early Espresso for the Pumpkins, and some Crumb Cake to make the ledge that the pumpkins are sitting on.


I wanted to give a hint of color to the sky area so I squeezed the center of my closed Soft Sky ink pad then used a Blender Pen to pick up just a teeny tiny bit of color and started adding it to the top portions of the window. I cut out the inside of the window shape with Paper Snips and adhered it on top of the Baked Brown Sugar window frame. This was adhered onto the card front with a couple Stampin’ Dimensionals.


Finally the wood grain layer was adhered onto the card front with a few Stampin’ Dimensionals and I added the greeting from Express Yourself into the bottom right corner of the card in Early Espresso ink.

I just had so much fun making this card! I love to color and got to play with some new and old goodies!