Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Widgets

Megan's Doll

My niece Megan has been oohing and ahhing over the doll that I made for my Mom as a gift several years ago. The doll itself is actually a Fibre Craft doll (which are hard to find) and I just crocheted the outfit. I really need to take a picture of it one of these days. Anyway, for the last two years Megan has been asking for a doll of her own. They do take a lot of time to make and finish and I usually don’t get much time to crochet. So I started this doll about two years ago and finally finished it last week.


It sat around for quite some time as a UFO (un-finished object) in a bag with all the yarn, the right hook, my crochet hook set (which I had been hunting for several months for) and my missing pair of Paper Snips. Yes, I was good, I kept all the supplies necessary and pattern in the same bag. That also explains why the supplies have been nowhere to be found.


So here is the finished doll! It’s actually the same pattern as THIS doll, but I significantly altered the pattern to what I wanted and I came up with the under skirt all on my own. If I make another one of these I will try to write out the pattern and post it for you. I really like this doll a LOT better than the pink one!


I used some Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Up ribbon to make the waistband with a piece of Rose Trim from the Spring Catalog this year and a bead in the center. The collar is embellished with a little metal rose charm with a crystal inside that I’ve had in my stash for a really long time. I also added a different Daffodil Delight ribbon to tie her hair back. 


I think she really loved it!