Thursday, July 31, 2014

Widgets

Thinking of You

I finally had a chance to play along with the Creating Pretty Cards sketch #37 this last week. Of course I don't get around to sharing it until the last day that you can play along. So here is the fun layered up card that I created. I love the bright and bold stripes from the Moonlight DSP Stack.


Here is the sketch that was posted over at Craft Project Central.

 

Here are all the supplies: 
  • Crumb Cake card stock 5-1/2" x 8-1/2", scored at 4-1/4"
  • Moonlight DSP 4-1/8" x 5-3/8"
  • Silver Glimmer Paper 1/8" x 5-1/2"
  • 24" Whisper White Baker's Twine
  • Stamps: Sassy Salutations, Truly Grateful
  • Ink: Strawberry Slush, Pool Party
  • Accessories: Apothecary Accents Framelits, Banner Framelits, Stampin' Dimensionals, Paper Piercing Tool, Stampin' Pierce Mat, Rhinestone Basic Jewels, Paper Doilies, 2-Way Glue Pen

 I started off by folding the Crumb Cake card stock on the score line then stuck the DSP down with some glue stick. Next I cut one of the Paper Doilies in half and use a little more Glue Stick to glue it onto the bottom right of the card front. Next up I glued the Glimmer Paper right across the middle of the card with some 2-Way Glue Pen.

I used the smallest Banner Framelit with a scrap of Strawberry Slush card stock to cut out the little banner. Then I used the second from smallest Banner Framelit to cut out a scrap of Pool Party card stock for the larger banner. I took the chevron woodgrain image from Truly Grateful and stamped it onto the Pool Party banner. The Pool Party banner was glued down with more glue stick while the Strawberry Slush banner was stuck on with a couple Stampin' Dimensionals.


Next up I took the twine and wrapped it around the card twice and tied it into a nice little bow. I stamped the greeting from Sassy Salutations onto a scrap of Whisper White card stock in Strawberry Slush ink. Then I cut it out with one of the Apothecary Accents Framelits. I used the Paper Piercing Tool and Stampin' Pierce Mat to add the pierced holes all the way around the label. 


The label was stuck onto the card front with a few Stampin' Dimensionals and a couple Rhinestones were added onto either end to glam it up. 

I really love all the fun layers and bright colors on this card! Have you been playing with any fun sketch challenges lately?