Thursday, July 17, 2014

Widgets

Sending Good Thoughts

The main image panel for this card really came about as a screw up from the card on this project. On that particular project I was looking for a smoother transition between the colors. But when I tried to take the ink pads directly to the DSP the DSP kept sticking to the ink pad and not letting go. I was getting pretty irritated. So the piece for this card sat on my work table for a couple of weeks.

 
  • Pool Party card stock 5-1/2" x 8-1/2", scored at 4-1/4"
  • Whisper White card stock 3-7/8" x 5-1/8"
  • Watercolor Wonder DSP 3-3/4" x 5"
  • Stamps: Perfect Pennants
  • Ink: Pool Party, Coastal Cabana, Night of Navy, Stazon
  • Accessories: Silver Glimmer Paper, Chevron Border Punch, Whisper White Baker's Twine, Brights Buttons, 2-Way Glue Pen, Stampin' Dimensionals, Heat Tool, Vanilla Smooch Spritz
Then one day as I was cleaning up I decided to turn it into a card. Because, after all, the piece did look pretty cool. So first I took a spray bottle and sprayed the card stock with some water and dried it with my Heat Tool. That created all the little splotches that you see. Then I sprayed it with some Vanilla Smooch Spritz to give it some more splotches as well as some sparkle. I stamped the greeting in the lower left hand corner in Stazon ink. Finally I was ready to stick it down onto some Whisper White card stock with Glue Stick.
 
I wanted to add even more glimmer to the card so I took some scraps of Silver Glimmer Paper and punched it with the Chevron Border Punch. I took just the chevron pieces and glued them into the upper right hand corner of the panel with 2-Way Glue Pen.


I wrapped the panel a couple times with some Whisper White Baker's Twine and tied it into a knot. Then I threaded the twine through a Brights button and tied it into a bow.


Then I just stick this panel onto the card front with some Stampin' Dimensionals. Not bad for a piece I was irritated with and ready to throw away.

Do you have pieces that you get frustrated with and set aside then later find the perfect use for them?