Monday, July 7, 2014

Widgets

Flower Explosion

Okay, I know I said this card I posted last week was one of my favorites. Well this card is definitely my favorite! This stamp set was at the very top of my first new catalog order. Although it does make you want to use almost every ink pad you have....

It just makes such beautiful flowers! It's also photopolymer so you can see exactly where you are stamping and you don't even have to use the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig!



  • Hello Honey card stock 5-1/2" x 8-1/2", scored at 4-1/4"
  • Soft Sky card stock 3-3/4" x5"
  • Whisper White card stock 3-1/2" x 4-3/4"
  • 10" Chevron Ribbon
  • Stamps: Flower Patch
  • Ink: Regal Rose, Strawberry Slush, Rose Red, Soft Sky, Pool Party, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Stazon
  • Accessories: Stampin' Dimensionals, Natural Chevron Ribbon
This card really is all about the stamping. So I started off by folding the Hello Honey card stock on the score line. Then I took the piece of Whisper White card stock and started stamping my flowers. The largest pink flower was stamped in Regal Rose (which happens to be retired but I didn't realize it). The middle pink flower is Strawberry Slush had the smallest pink flower center is Rose Red.


For the blue flowers I stamped the larger one in Soft Sky had the smaller center in Pool Party ink. Next up were the leaves. I stamped them in Old Olive ink and just stamped two leaves before inking up the stamp again. Finally the small flowers were stamped in Daffodil Delight ink. I just love all these bright fun flowers!

 
The greeting I stamped onto the bottom of the flower panel in Stazon ink.

 
Finally I glued this layer onto the Soft Sky card stock. The Natural Chevron Ribbon was wrapped around the top of the panel and tied it into a knot. This layer was stuck onto the card front with Stampin' Dimensionals. Finally I stamped the same pink flower and leaves inside the card.

 

 What do you think of this lovely new stamp set?