Sunday, February 16, 2014

Widgets

Oh What Fun!

This is one of the cards from the November Make and Take. I'm trying to get caught up on some of these cards from last year that I hadn't posted yet. This card was cased from Renee at the Colour Q blog. 


  • Stamps: Lovely as a Tree, Christmas Messages
  • Card Stock: Marina Mist, Night of Navy, Whisper White
  • Ink: Marina Mist, Night of Navy, Versamark
  • Accessories: Clear Embossing Powder, Embossing Buddy, Heat Tool, Stampin' Sponge, Smoky Slate Chevron Ribbon, Rhinestones, Stampin' Dimensionals

For this card I started off with a piece of Marina Mist card stock cut at 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" and scored at 4-1/4". Next I cut a piece of Whisper White card stock 3" x 5-1/2". I stamped the pin tree from Lovely as a Tree several times on the left side of the card stock in Versamark ink, covered the stamped image with clear embossing powder and heated it with my Heat Tool. 

Next I sponged on some Marina Mist ink making sure not to go past the right side of the trees and not covering the card stock completely. Then I sponged on some Night of Navy ink in the lower left hand corner making sure not to cover the Marina Mist ink completely. 


The greeting from Christmas Messages was stamped onto the right side of the card stock in Night of Navy ink. Then this panel was adhered onto a 3-1/8" x 5-1/2" piece of Night of Navy card stock.


I wrapped a piece of Smoky Slate Chevron ribbon around the panel and tied it into a knot. I adhered this panel onto the card front with Stampin' Dimensionals and added a large Rhinestone next to the greeting. 

This card was so much fun, with a great affect, but was really pretty easy.