Thursday, February 13, 2014

Widgets

Friendship Please

I created this card quite some time ago. I'm trying to catch up on all the posts sitting in draft status that I haven't gotten around to posting yet. This beauty was the result of sorting through my scraps pile to put things away and I came up with the pieces of DSP, the narrow strip of Summer Starfruit card stock, and the narrow strip of glimmer paper. 



  • Stamps: From My Heart
  • DSP: Comfort Cafe
  • Card Stock: Whisper White, Elegant Eggplant, Summer Starfruit
  • Ink: Stazon
  • Markers: Elegant Eggplant, Summer Starfruit, Blender Pen
  • Accessories: Window Frames Framelits, Large Scallop Edgelit, Delicate Designs Embossing Folders, Champagne Glimmer Paper, Paper Snips, Stampin' Dimensionals, 2-Way Glue Pen
I started off with an Elegant Eggplant card base that was cut at 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" and scored at 4-1/4". I cut a piece of Whisper White card stock 2-1/2" x 5-1/2" and ran it through the Big Show with the Large Scallop Edgelit. I ran it through the Big Shot again in the Delicate Designs embossing folder to add the texture. Then I adhered the narrow strips of DSP, Summer Starfruit card stock, and Champagne Glimmer Paper onto the left edge with 2-Way Glue Pen. This layer was adhered onto the card front with some glue stick. 



Next I cut a piece of Comfort Cafe DSP 1" x 4" and adhered it onto the card front with Stampin' Dimensionals. Then I used the 2nd from smallest Window Frames Framelit on a scrap of Summer Starfruit card stock. 

Finally I stamped the greeting from From My Heart onto a scrap of Whisper White card stock in Stazon ink. I colored in the banner with my Summer Starfruit marker and used my Elegant Eggplant marker with my Blender Pen to add color to the teapot and the swirls. This image was cut out with Paper Snips and adhered onto the Summer Starfruit die cut. I adhered this onto the card front with a couple Stampin' Dimensionals. 


It's amazing how finding a few scraps can inspire you to make something wonderful!