Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Widgets

Lacy Birthday

Wow! This one has been sitting in the drafts folder for quite some time. Here is a fun and simple birthday card that my guests made at the January Make and Take... from last year! Oops! It's still a cute card... 

  • Stamps: Lovely and Lacy, Happy Birthday, Woodgrain
  • Card Stock: Bashful Blue (retired), Summer Starfruit, Whisper White
  • Ink: Bashful Blue, Summer Starfruit, Midnight Muse
  • Accessories: Midnight Muse Stitched Satin Ribbon, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Rhinestones, Glue Dots
I started off by cutting a piece of Bashful Blue card stock 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” and scored it at 4-1/4”. I stamped the Woodgrain background image onto the card front in Bashful Blue ink. Next I cut a piece of Whisper White card stock 2-7/8” x 4-1/8”. I stamped the smaller image from Lovely and Lacy onto the Whisper White card stock in Bashful Blue ink. Then I stamped the larger image twice in Midnight Muse ink. The Happy Birthday greeting, which was one of the individual stamps offered, was stamped onto the bottom of the panel in Summer Starfruit ink.


I adhered the stamped Whisper White card stock onto a 3” x 4-1/4” piece of Summer Starfruit card stock. Next I used a couple Glue Dots to adhere a piece of Midnight Muse Stitched Satin ribbon across the panel. I added a couple Rhinestones onto the greeting and one in the center of the large Midnight Muse image then adhered the panel onto the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.


I really love how the Summer Starfruit looks paired with Bashful Blue. This card was simple and fun to make!